Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

I see BLUE!!!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by rookie, Dec 26, 2007.

1. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    This whole projekt is for doing just that....changing the color. And yes you would be able to do that. Did you find the attached link/file i posted ?? That contains all the data and product numbers you would need.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Pauliekaboom

Pauliekaboom Member

New York
    Paul Karroum
    Garages:
    Yeah I just scrolled back and saw the photos and spread sheet. Wow. I must say that's impressive. I think I may push this mod back a little so I can get some more expertise on it.

Sent from my iPhone

3. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Honeslty i often don't have the skills when i dive into such a project as well but just dive into it and stick with it. The most work was to figure out wich led were needed.....wich illumination etc...... you got all that info on the list so good to go. Honestly i'm supprised after that list more haven't done it.

4. PEARLFX35

PEARLFX35 Member

Irvine, California
    2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD
    Alex
    Garages:
    Does anyone know of any shops in Southern Cal that can do this modification for my 08 FX? I am more than willing to pay to have this done. Is there any shops worldwide that I could mail my parts in to and have them converted?

5. PEARLFX35

PEARLFX35 Member

Irvine, California
    2008 Infiniti FX35 AWD
    Alex
    Garages:
    If anyone is interested I found the place that will do the blue led conversion for the instrument panel and HVAC controls. The company is Twisted Performance in El Paso Texas. I contacted them and they said they could do my HVAC and instrument panel if I send it in to them. Bad news is it will take about two weeks for them to perform the conversion.

6. meme405

meme405 Premium Member Premium

Vancouver, BC
    2008 FX35
    Garages:
    I'm interested, I had a shop in Washington who was supposed to do the work this winter while I had the car parked, but they shut down at the end of summer.

How much are they charging?

If you go through with it definitely post up your full experience.

7. thinhthan

thinhthan Member

i got a guy locally that says he can do it so i think for the hvac and radio alone its gonna cost around 250 or so just cause theres so many leds

8. raymond

raymond Member

Netherlands
    FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I have a 03-05 radio lying here already done wich i did a White ago for my on car. Member jumborules has my center dash lcd wich he isn't going to use. So maybe you guys can contact him about it. I also have a 06+ Tacho cluster retrofitted for a pre 06 in full Blue but the rev needle needs to be checked out.
    Earlier in this thread you can see pictures from what and when i did this. Pm me when interested.

9. Glenda Losenara

Glenda Losenara Member

Sacramento, CA
    2005 infiniti FX35 and 2008 Infiniti G35
    Glynn
    I am interested doing this since my 05FX35 RPM gauge light is out. I am trying to digest everything so I'll be 100% comfortable doing this. When you install the PLCC-4, how do you power and check if the one you solder is in correct polarity? Do you take out the cluster and center panel from the vehicle and solder them LEDs one by one and power it to check if its correctly solder and will light up? Did you guys change the twist lock bulbs with LEDs too? Or Is it LED already? Are they 74-BHP3 LED? Do I need a resistor to use in series of this PLCC-4 LEDs? Source of Supply- SuperBrightLeds.com or Parnell.com.

10. DatMan

DatMan Premium Member Premium

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    I'm pretty sure someone has a HOW TO on this... From what I remember it was very in-depth... You'll probably wanna look there... Quite picture intensive too which is a good thing!