Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

I see BLUE!!!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by rookie, Dec 26, 2007.

1. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Our interior lighting has never been my favorite. Working with one of the guys on my350z on a conversion. :biggrin:

You tech and 06+ guys are lucky to not have the orange display. I like the Alpine set up over the Infiniti nav but wish it was like the 06+ with a pretty screen. Will be relocating my orange screen overhead like I've been planning to do for a while now.

Before.
    interior_lighting_02.jpg
    interior_lighting_01.jpg

Sorry for the mess, FX is still being worked on.
    Key in ignition so it's daylight brightness.
    interior_lighting_03.jpg

Lights on so main screen dims
    interior_lighting_04.jpg

We left the status lights red so it is easy to read and not a flood of blue.
    interior_lighting_05.jpg

Window switches were done as well.
    interior_lighting_06.jpg

The led conversion is done pretty dam well. Very even in person and the personal preference impact is badass. He's working on the gauge cluster too, it's no where near as simple as the Zs he done so far but he thinks that he can do it. Will post up details and costs once we're done with it all. :iS:

Attached Files:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :pYou F***er... You the man... Just when I think you can't do anything else to your Beast you come up with this..

It looks so clean and sexy... Can't wait to see the conversion of the main gauges...

Please share and tell us the COST... I know for a fact that Pierce will like this...

3. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I think you had way too much Rock Star Energy Drink when you took this picture... Lay off the sauce man..;):LOL:

Attached Files:

4. OP
    OP
    rookie

lol, you know how hard it is to take an iso shot with my point and shoot? You should see the ones I couldn't use. So hard to keep a steady hand.

5. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    All I know that the lighting on your FX is Sick and I want it...

If I could do it on my own I would... Love the Blue..I would go with White or maybe Red...

But blue does look good.

6. OP
    OP
    rookie

He'll be able to do just about any color. Mine took a little extra time since he hadn't taken apart any of our pieces before and didn't know what size leds would be needed.

7. HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Just keep us updated and let me know what he would charge.

8. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Looks wicked!! my friends have been telling me for a while to change all the amber to blue but i said it would take too much work lol

9. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

ohh damn, looks sexy man;)

10. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    very nice, I did something similar with my wrx (red)... I can imagine all the work it took for the fx since there are illuminated panels everywhere.

11. imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Now that I know thats possible im gonna want to do it.:mad:

12. OP
    OP
    rookie

I always knew it was possible if someone knew what they were doing. I don't think we shy away from trying things out around here. ;)

13. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

so Viet...do you really get 20MPG with your TT setup??

14. OP
    OP
    rookie

That thingy will be wrong for me. That may have been early on with smaller injectors than I have now. The mpg there I believe is based on injector pulsing, bigger injectors require less pulsing so it's not scaled correctly to come up with that mpg info. Mine reads like 25 or something now. I get 360-370 to a tank when I'm just freeway cruising.

15. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Oh Oh - I want I want.....:)

16. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    As always Viet you've done a good job! I know this is something most would want to do. Especially me with all my blue LED's in my interior. Nice look!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  17. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I guess we are all 'BLUE' men around here :biggrin:
    Very nice Viet....I was wondering what you were gonna do with that extra cluster you have :p... but I knew you were up to something :p. I can only imagine how long this would take. Hella of a mod brotha!

18. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Very cool. I can't even imagine the amount of work involved...

19. is the orange display side lit with orange LEDs? was it as easy as just switching to the blue leds?

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    hey that is a lot of work, my last car was a pontiac & it has orange illumination, I did an alpine mm setup in it & always planned on matching the lighting to the blue of the alpine, but never actually got around to it. every time I thought about all the lighting, window switches, steering wheel buttons, etc, I just kept putting it off. 4 years later the alpine is still blue & the rest of the car is still orange:wub: you got a lot of patience & dedication to do this... towards the end, I decided it'd be easier to just change the alpine over to orange, so that's the game plan... IF I ever get around to it that is:) since I got the fx I care so much less about my other car:biggrin:

the blue looks hot btw, great job there;)