Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 For those with bubbling dash. Coverlay dash cover

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by WiND DANCE, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Orlando Dolojan

Orlando Dolojan Member

california
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Orlando
    I am new to this site and as a "new" owner of a 2004 FX35, I am looking to fix the usual issues found with this ride.

Leather Seats were ripped: I bought used leather seats and replaced the "skins" two weeks ago. I now have the structures or the replacement seat and do not know what to do with them.

Bubbly Dash: Had the coverlay 10-305LL-BLK in my ebay cart. Logged this weekend to purchased for $302+Shipping, they pulled the item. CarID now wants $386+Shipping=$441. Ouch! that is what I get for waiting. They would not price match old price.

Called Accuform, they only have the 10-609LL for the 2006-2008 available. I was told the area radio does not match. I also wrote an note to possibly help with them to produce one.

Still looking for an alternatives.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Orlando Dolojan

Orlando Dolojan Member

california
    2004 FX35 AWD
    Orlando
    Difference is the radio area from Coverlay. 305=2004; 609=2006+
    upload_2017-5-1_8-15-1.png

Attached Files:

3. Glenn George

Glenn George Member

Texas
    2007 FX35
    I bought the Coverlay black dashboard to cover my melted dashboard; it actually doesn't look bad except for the side near the windshield (the glue didn't stick), but even that doesn't look too bad. However, I'm deciding to remove and actually pay for the replacement. The main reason is that the passenger airbag seems to be covered a little bit. If there was something to happen (especially since I haven't done recall NHTSA 16V-349 for airbag), I could this be potentially hazardous.

I've requested two requests, one came in at $3,000--I don't think the car is worth that much. I live in Houston.

Has anyone else received estimates to replace the entire dashboard? If so, can you please post area and price? Thanks in advance!

4. AxelFX

AxelFX Member

Houston
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Alex
    Garages:
    I also stay in Houston and I went to all the Infiniti dealerships and they all wanted almost $3k to replace. I love this car don't get me wrong but $3,000 to replace a dash is outrageous.

5. Glenn George

Glenn George Member

Texas
    2007 FX35
    The cheapest, I've gotten so far is from Master Auto Body & Upholstery. This is what, I received from him months ago:

"We have encounter this problem before and the only solution is to replace the dashboard. The dash is sold in two colors the black one is $1,530.42 and the beige is $1809.71 the labor will be $700. Let me know if you have any questions."

I don't know what your price point is, but maybe we can negotiate a lower price if they do two? I've emailed another upholstery company in Houston and waiting for their response.

6. Case Holland

Case Holland Member

Netherlands Nieuw Beijerland
    FX35 RWD Invidia exhaust
    Case
    Garages:
    IMG_1969.JPG IMG_1971.JPG IMG_1966.JPG IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1964.JPG IMG_1970.JPG
    Hi i have some pictures of the Accuform model for the 2006-2008 version FX.
    It looks a bit shiny but that is due mostly to the "lightning" of the camera.
    It is a lot cheaper 200 USD,compared to the Coverlay.
    I am not familiar with the quality differences, however i have a sample of the Coverlay and that is thicker than the Accuform and then is the question do Coverlay use the thickness of the sample in real on their dashboard cover ?
    The color of the Coverlay is a bit more fuller black and the structure is more "there" to see
    And are those differences worth the price differences??
    But it is worth it to better your dash with bubbles all over and a cheaper alternative to replacing with a original or to reupholstering the dash.
    Mark this as well: the Accuform has no covering at the airbag place the Coverlay does!
    Case

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  7. porkandbeans

porkandbeans iS Dutcher iS VIP

Inland Empire, CA
    2003 FX45 AWSM
    Garages:
    Thanks for the review and pictures. So the Accuform leaves that giant hole open where the airbag is?
    I look forward to seeing more pictures with it installed.

8. BeefWellington

BeefWellington Member

California
    2006 FX35
    Ned
    Looks neat! Would you mind linking where you purchased it from? After a quick google search I can't seem to find anything.

9. Case Holland

Case Holland Member

Netherlands Nieuw Beijerland
    FX35 RWD Invidia exhaust
    Case
    Garages: