Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Phone Option Holders

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by SilverStreakFX, May 20, 2018.

1. SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    Just purchased a 2010 FX50. I am looking for non-vent phone holder options. Looking at the ProCLIP. Any thoughts on this? Any other options? I think all in it would be like $70 for the holder and mount.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. S3R3BR0

S3R3BR0 Member

Car:
    2015 QX70 AWD
    That's a pro clip with a modified vent clip gravity mount attached a5da7cc81f74cba197c3c9764698c2cd.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8

SilverStreakFX likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    I like it! Definitely doing the ProClip Mount. Deciding on the holder.

4. Stiletto

Stiletto Member

Car:
    2016 QX70
    Name:
    Alissa
    That looks great. Is it only a holder or a charger also? How did you mount?

5. S3R3BR0

S3R3BR0 Member

Car:
    2015 QX70 AWD
    Just a holder, and I used a slightly longer screw than stock, and also used double sided tape along with it. Works great.

6. Biggyballs

Biggyballs Member

Car:
    2011 Infiniti FX 35
    Name:
    Craig
    Garages:
    I have bought 4 of these for a 4 different vehicles over the last few years. They work pretty dang good. The suction cup is extremely strong. You might even want to be careful about putting it on the dash. I have 2 of them on the windshield and one on the dash and have had no problems (the last one was a gift for someone). Other people have had issues with it being so strong that it ripped their dash when they tried to take it off. It wireless charges my Galaxy S6, but when I use GPS the battery still goes down, but it does so a lot slower. This model does not have "Fast Wireless Charging" for Android phones. With the phone screen off it does a pretty good job of charging up our phones. It used to have a 4 star rating, but it looks like that has dropped a bit on Amazon. All I can say, is that I am very happy with it. It's a cinch to put the phone and take out the phone in the cradle.

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Wirel...00UXS7958/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

There is a newer model that does have fast wireless charging I see, but I haven't tried one of these yet. I might soon though. I am not sure the Galaxy S6 supports "fast wireless charging" so it probably wouldn't do any good for me. Would love for the GPS to not be able to drop the battery level, but I am not sure that is possible yet. The Galaxy S8 and S9 do though. (I need a new phone :) ). Would love for the GPS to not be able to drop the battery level while wireless charging, but I am not sure that is possible yet.

Amazon.com: Customer reviews: iOttie Easy One Touch Qi Wireless Fast Charge Car Mount for Samsung Galaxy S9 S9 Plus S8 S7/S7 Edge Note 8 5 & Standard Charge for iPhone X 8/8 Plus & Qi Enabled Devices Includes Dual Car Charger

7. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    Galaxy S6 does support fast charging... I still have my old one after upgrading to the S8+...

8. rammersFX

rammersFX Member

Car:
    1st gen FX still hunting
    Name:
    Ramiro
    I just installed a Ram Mount X phone holder, I secured it from the rear view mirror as I was tired of the looks of being mounted to the windshield... will share pics tomorrow

9. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Car:
    2013 FX37
    Curious, why don't you want a vent mount option?

IMO, all of the others are so ungainly.

10. S3R3BR0

S3R3BR0 Member

Car:
    2015 QX70 AWD
    I used to use a Vent mount, but with days like we are having right now (near 100 degree days) blocking the vent is less than an ideal option.

11. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    I am really loving the ProClip. Love that it is accessible and easily visible. Only complaint would be it blocks the passenger temp control for the passenger themselves. Otherwise love it . Well worth it

12. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    There are nice floor mount systems now... Only problem is I haven't found a floor mount that has a charger integrated into it... It'll either mount to bolts on the floor, or on your seat... VERY stable system...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.