Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ Fortin Remote Starter Problems

Discussion in 'QX70 Interior' started by E3A300, Jul 23, 2018.

1. E3A300

E3A300 Member

Car:
    2013 FX30D S Premium
    Hi all.

Installed the Fortin Evo-NIST1 remote starter with T-harness last week on my 2013 FX utilising the guide on here and the OEM remote fob but I'm having problems.

I can remote start with 3 x preses of the lock button on the fob but I can't switch it off with 3 x presses of the same button, which I belive should be the case. Neither can I unlock the car with either the fob or the keyless button until the remote start has completed its timed duration. Pressing unlock with it running just sounds the horn with each press.

After the initial install I left the car locked for several hours only to find the car alarm sounding at midnight, so I rushed outside and the car alarm had by this point stopped, and the engine had now remoteley started on its own! It was at that point that I realised I could neither cancel the remote starter or gain access whilst it was running.

I have A1 to A11 checked

B3 Unlock Double Pulses checked

C1 OEM Remote Monitoring & D1 Standalone Remote Starter checked

D2 Auto Unlock & Disarm Checked

D6 Push-To-Start Checked

As mentioned above, the car remote starts from the fob but I can neither cancel this from the fob nor access the interior via the fob or keyless entry button whilst it's running. I have programmed the module several times using the flashlink, spent hours reading old posts on here and technical info on the Fortin site but I'm none the wiser.

Any ideas?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. NashFX

NashFX Member

Car:
    2012 FX35 AWD Tech-Premium Pkg
    Garages:
    I would check to see if there is a firmware update for the fortin module, and contact support to help you troubleshoot. Maybe you have a faulty unit, that should not be happening. They have excellent support, give them a call!

3. OP
    OP
    E3A300

E3A300 Member

Car:
    2013 FX30D S Premium
    Thanks for the reply.

I'm running the latest firmware but I will do like you say and contact support.

4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Car:
    2013 FX37
    You installed it yourself?

They have a technical support page, including an 800 number (open M-F): Technical support | Fortin

5. SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    The technical support group was great .turns out that both sets of instructions for my issue was incorrect .I talked them through how I had it wired and we talked through the issues .In less than 10 minutes j was up and running

6. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Car:
    2013 FX37
    Glad to hear it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.