Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Terrible FM Radio Receiption

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by SilverStreakFX, Jun 1, 2018.

1. SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    Hi Folks. I've owned now 5 Infiniti's. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (East Bay). All my G's have been great as far as the radio reception. However, both my FX's (2005 FX35 and now a 2010 FX50) have terrible FM reception. I cannot listen to the FM radio. For those that are familiar with the area, 107.7 The Bone and 105.3 used to come in great with my 2009 G37s. Now with the FX50, same area, I get nothing!

Has anyone had a similar experience? I do not have any mods on the car that would impact the reception (strut tower brace, Borla exhaust, Pro-Clip mobile holder).

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    No one with the issue? Just my bad luck. Lol

3. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Car:
    2008 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Tony
    Garages:
    My 2008 FX 35 also has terrible reception, have it now for 3 years, put a post up about it but got no response either, but I'm in Europe so who know's??
    I only get really strong station's if anything and as I'm driving they fade very quickly, swapped antenna's but no improvement. The dealer measured reception and said it was ok, the only thing I can think of is that I have a shark fin on the back of my roof as well and I have no idea why(was on there when I bought it), may be interfering??(no navi either)
    Anyway, to make thing's worse, my radio recently died on me, and as I have now found out, no radio = no amp = no speaker's......... at all! that mean's no bluetooth phone, no bluetooth through the Parrot, deadly silence!
    Funny thing is, we hardly ever listen to the radio, stream music on the iPhone through the Parrot, which also improve's dramatically on the stock sound!! Luckily, the dealer only want's 1300$ to replace the radio! (which we don't even listen to)
    Recently found a car electronic's repair shop that has worked on one of the rare FX's over here and will be going there soon, he said they are not easy to work on but if he can fix it it would be a long way short of 1300$!

And to keep the party going, my speedo (only my speedo) just died on me as well, never a dull moment with a FX!!

4. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    $1,300 wow! Sorry to hear. I was lucky enough to have XM for a couple of weeks but that subscription turned off. I mainly now listen to bluetooth, but it is sad to have nearly a $70k (new) car and can't hear the radio. My wive's van has perfect reception. My G has perfect reception. This one? Not so much.

I am heading back to the dealer for some extended warranty work soon and will have them check it out.

5. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    When you drop by that shop, see if they can drop a PIONEER ANDROID box in there... ;) I've seen a couple of them really well done... If you hook up a certain box to the line, it'll actually show the OEM screen on your PIONEER screen as well with all the HVAC controls... And press a button and it switches to the ANDROID screen...

SilverStreakFX likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    I'm searching around and can't find anything on it . I see some other Android boxes but not the pioneer one

7. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    I can't remember the model of the PIONEER but I do know an FXer has used it... Not sure if it was a member on here or another site, but he had it rigged up nicely to show the stock HVAC screen as well as the ANDROID screen...

Pioneer releases a pair of new Android Auto head units with wireless support

Android Auto

Don't know the specifics of what he did... I just know that if you take the signal for the HVAC and put it through a proper processor (don't know which one though) you can connect it to your aftermarket headunit... I think the one that the guy used was the 7200 unit... Don't know if that matters though...

SilverStreakFX likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.