Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Luis' 09 fx35

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Zackai

Zackai Member

USA
    2011 FX50
    Garages:
    Didn't realize you were in Texas, man! Was starting to think that I was the only one. lol

Luis Gutierrez likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    Haha yeah there's not many fx's out here that I've seen anyway. Dude I'm diggin the all black grill and fender vent! Looks really good. Where abouts are you at?

Zackai likes this.
  4. Zackai

Zackai Member

USA
    2011 FX50
    Garages:
    Thanks! I actually just finished my full chrome delete, other than the headlight housing.

6W0utxH.jpg

I am just North of Austin, but I go down to San Antonio every so often to visit friends and family.

5. OP
    OP
    Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    Looks good like that. I got big plans for the headlights that I haven't seen done yet but just waiting for some more over time money haha. I'm usually anti chrome but I think our color looks good with a little. Only thing I'm gonna Paint black is the grey in the fenders and side skirts. Was on the fence about taking off the top rails but after seeing yours I'm doing it for sure. What did you plug the holes with?

Zackai likes this.
  6. Zackai

Zackai Member

USA
    2011 FX50
    Garages:
    So, I cut out some small cardboard disks, tied some fishing line through the middle, and after inserting them into the holes, put a layer of silicone on the cardboard, before pulling it up to meet the underside of the sheet metal. Then I dipped my finger in some water with a drop of dish soap, and smoothed it out, while keeping upward pressure on it.

Once cured, I just put some pieces of matte black vinyl over it, until I can find a match for our white in vinyl. I wanted it reversible, but it is a bit of work.

lCzXETj.jpg

Yeah, I plan to do the morimoto rings, and paint the chrome housing black. But I am going to wait until I have the spare cash to buy a new set of headlights, in case I screw up the baking process.... lol

Luis Gutierrez likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I want to do some cob halos but am going to run an xk glow sequential switch back strip along the bottom. Plus Paint the housing black pearl or white . Not sure yet. Those lights are stupid expensive so I'm gonna have someone here in town do it because he has built a shit ton and does good work for pretty cheap.

Zackai likes this.
  8. Zackai

Zackai Member

USA
    2011 FX50
    Garages:
    Nice! I have never seen the XKGlows, how do you plan to mount them? Mind PMing who is doing them? I doubt I could swing the logistics of having them done out of town, but still curious to see. Have seen people pay $600+, and I'm not about that life. :rofl:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
  9. OP
    OP
    Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    Syndicate auto-works . He's on Facebook. Really cool guy and good on price. I think he's in the 300 range or so. He can usually have them done in like a day or so depending on how much work you want to do. But if anything you can always stay with family for the weekend or something and have them done and mounted ya know. Look up the YouTube video for the xk glow sequential switch backs. I wanna say they glue on. Would look killer with the the way the bottom of the headlights are shaped.

Zackai likes this.
  10. Zackai

Zackai Member

USA
    2011 FX50
    Garages:
    Too true. Will probably be awhile before I get to that, but will definitely keep it in mind.