Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ Loose Driver Seat?

Discussion in 'QX70 Interior' started by wyatth, Feb 4, 2018.

1. wyatth

wyatth Member

Car:
    2015 QX70S
    Garages:
    It feels like when I take off or come to a sudden stop, there's a little play (fore/aft) in the drivers seat of my '15. I told the dealer about it last time the car went in for service, and they said the mounting bolts are tight. Well, it's still noticeable (to me, but not my wife). Anybody else experience this?
    I did search around and it's not unusual on other Infiniti models, but I am not sure what the cause is. Some people had entire seat frames/rails/motors replaced (which fixed it), but that seems excessive. I'd like some ammo to share with my dealer so that they take me seriously when I bring it up again.

JonFull2015QX70 likes this.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Adamg

Adamg Member

Car:
    2015 QX70S
    Name:
    Adam
    Yes, same here on my 15. Interested to see what the outcome is. Waiting to make appt at Infiniti so I also dont get the run around.

3. Infiniti2011FX35

Infiniti2011FX35 Member

Car:
    2011 FX35
    Name:
    Omar
    same thing in my 2011

4. RIPnFX

RIPnFX iS VIP iS VIP

Car:
    Infiniti FX 35 Limited Edition
    Name:
    Rip Singh
    Garages:
    Had this issue a month back, took it to the dealer and they replaced the seat railing under warranty which fixed the problem

skywalker999 likes this.
  5. 6T9CHGR

6T9CHGR Member

Car:
    2012 FX35 LE
    Name:
    Chris
    Garages:
    Mine seat track was replaced under warranty also in 2015 when I got my FX

6. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    Was a common problem in the 1st Gen and usually was the seat railing that was the culprit... Looks like 2nd Gen has similar issues...

7. jumbosrule

jumbosrule Fully FX Invested Premium

Car:
    2003 FX35T
    Name:
    Brad
    Garages:
    Specific to the first gen:
    It was actually a small plastic gear that sits in the seat railing - the "teeth" of the gear wear down over time and then it slips in the track. This is not a replaceable part, so the dealer just removes and replaces the entire track assembly.

DatMan likes this.
  8. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    That was for when the seat stopped moving... The squeaking seat issue was also mostly cause of the rails...

But now there's somewhere where you can order just that plastic gear, so anyone of out warranty isn't also SOL :p

9. DONZ

DONZ Member

Car:
    QX70
    Name:
    Don
    i felt that today too....2014 qx70 diesel! i have till next april for factory warranty to go bye bye...ill see what happens!

DatMan likes this.
  10. JonFull2015QX70

JonFull2015QX70 Member

Car:
    2015 QX70 RWD 3.7L V6
    Name:
    Jon
    Garages:
    wyatth - I'm surprised INFINITI hasn't addressed this continuing issue; had same issue in my 1st-gen '05 FX35. Replaced in Oct 2013 (no warranty!). Driver's seat-track broke again in Aug 2017 (I weigh only 180). Frustrated with this known FX/QX defect, I complained to INFINITI Corporate re: new part shy of three years old and broke! Corporate relented and covered the cost of the track, while I agreed to cover $176 labor to install (or you could install yourself if so inclined). But, you should be covered under warranty - push your dealer a little harder. Often, the service tech would say they couldn't tell anything. The way I got them to notice was to sit in the seat like normal, grab steering wheel and rock back and forth in the seat; this usually demonstrates the issue clearly. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.