Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FS: Engine Kinetix V+ Plenum

Discussion in 'QX70 Classifieds' started by J3FF3R$0N, May 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J3FF3R$0N

J3FF3R$0N She Needs Premium Dude ! Premium

Milton, Ontario
    2004 FX35
    Jeff
    Garages:
    Item:Kinetix V+ Plenum
    Price: $180 USD + PayPal fees
    Condition: Used
    Accepting offers: Yes
    Shipping: Included
    Payment Type(s) Accepted: PayPal

Description and Images:

Picked this up for my car but ended up going with a polished one instead
    I am throwing in the OEM intake and throttle body gaskets

IMG_20170517_200828.jpg IMG_20170517_200837.jpg IMG_20170517_200846.jpg

Info from manufacture
    * Incredible heat resistance, improved 170%, now up to 500 degrees F

* Lower operating temperatures - 50 degrees cooler than ANY aluminum plenum option

* More volume! 20% more volume than factory and 12% more than our previous version

* Completely smooth underside with NO flow restrictions

* Can handle boosted cars, with lifetime warranty on cars up to 15 psi

* Lifetime Warranty

This new intake plenum replaces the upper half of your factory intake manifold. This plenum bolts directly up to your car with zero modifications, and also allows the use of the factory strut bar, and engine cover. This unit will fit the 350z, the G35, and the FX. *** NOTE: The Engine cover may not fit with the G35 or the FX35. We have also had scattered issues with fitment on 06+ 350Z's. There have been clearance issues that can typically be solved with slight sanding but this must be done at your own risk. **

This plenum increases the volume to the middle and more importantly the front cylinders. The factory plenum utilizes a very aggressive angle as it caps off the front cylinders. This new plenum equalizes the flow to all cylinders, while also increasing the total plenum volume. This plenum also uses a very versatile plastic to achieve a smooth interior for superior flow properties. The plastic allows a lighter overall weight, by about 3 lbs, and the overall plenum temperatures have decreased by about 50 degrees Fahrenheit when compared to an aluminum plenum. This helps with heat soak problems and will lower air intake temperatures.

Our plenum has shown a solid peak gain of 14 rwhp and a consistent gain throughout the RPM range. When matched up with our high flow cats, they together have shown peak gains of 20 rwhp.

The plenum still retains all factory mounting points and includes all necessary new hardware. The plenum also includes a permanently adhered flange gasket that is to be used with the factory gasket as well as a new throttle body gasket.

Look for our package with our SMOG legal high flow cats for package savings.

** This plenum includes a lifetime warranty on manufacturer's defects. This will include any failure in the material used which may effect its ability to create a seal. We will also offer a new gasket service for a minor fee to replace any gaskets that have been damaged during installation or repetitive installations.

NOTE: The Kinetix Upper Plenum will NOT fit with the use of an NRG Strut Brace.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. DatMan

DatMan Premium Member Premium

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    Hmmm... Upgrade my plenum spacer...?

J3FF3R$0N likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    J3FF3R$0N

Milton, Ontario
    2004 FX35
    Jeff
    Garages:
    I could give you a bit better price since you are semi local

4. DatMan

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    But this should give me slightly better gains than my spacer I assume? Wonder if the plastic could be painted? I'd kinda hafta put my engine cover back on with this LOL! But it looks really enticing... ... ...

5. AxelFX

AxelFX Member

Houston
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Alex
    Garages:
    You should get more gains then a plenum spacer alone especially once you get a Uprev tune. I would of pulled the trigger on this but i have an NRG strut brace.

DatMan likes this.
  6. meme405

meme405 Premium Member Premium

Vancouver, BC
    2008 FX35
    Garages:
    This piece is definitely better than a spacer.

I thought it actually looked okay in the engine bay.

DatMan likes this.
  7. DatMan

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    My STRONG STRUT STB gave me plenty of clearance from what I can remember... I should be good... Gotta wait about 2 weeks for cash to free up a bit though... :p

8. OP
    OP
    J3FF3R$0N

Milton, Ontario
    2004 FX35
    Jeff
    Garages:
    Sold, Mods please close

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.