Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Our members experience ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 Gas station pump trigger lock doesn't stay locked

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by money042, May 17, 2017.

1. money042

money042 Member

Orange County, CA
    2008 FX45
    Recently, when I'm pumping gas, I can't get the trigger to stay locked. The gas will pump for a few gallons and the trigger lock will pop like it's full. I'll squeeze it again and it'll pop again after a few seconds of pumping. I have to hold it just right, or else the trigger will pop and stop pumping. I only get gas at Costco (on my commute and least expensive of all stations around me). I haven't tried any other gas stations yet. Anyone know why this may be happening? (I don't have any issues with my Nissan Quest at Costco or other stations)

on a side note, my FX has an issue with reporting fuel level. I can pump it all the way full, and when I start the car, the fuel gauge will not show 100% full, more like 5/6 or 7/8. This has been going on for years, I've learned to live with it. Not sure if the two are connected.

*Registered members do not see ads, register today!

2. shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    The pumping gas issue is pretty common with the FX and G/Z. I think there was a recall years ago on this, something to do with the fuel filler. When it happens, I just turn the pump sideways and it will keep going. Some have to turn the nozzle upside down.

3. matrixx860

matrixx860 Ghost Rider Premium

Wolcott, Ct.
    2012 Nissan Maxima SV
    Joey
    Garages:
    Don't put it in all the way and fill it at a tilt. I had the same problem with my fx.

Sent from my SM-N920V

4. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    I find some pumps are more finicky than others... If I use the far left pump at my nearest COSTCO gas station, it doesn't stay locked... The farthest to the right has absolutely no problems... And I rarely ever have the problem at any gas stations other than COSTCO...

5. g0ldm4g3

g0ldm4g3 Would ya just look at it iS VIP

Richmond, TX
    2006 FX35 RWD
    Nnaji
    Garages:
    Weird.. Same thing at my Costco lol

Sent from my SM-G935T

DatMan likes this.
  6. Old Blue

Old Blue Member

Spring TX
    FX 37 rwd
    Tom
    [on a side note, my FX has an issue with reporting fuel level. I can pump it all the way full, and when I start the car, the fuel gauge will not show 100% full, more like 5/6 or 7/8. This has been going on for years, I've learned to live with it. Not sure if the two are connected.[/QUOTE]

My 2003 had the same issue. I just lived with it. It started about the same time as when ethanol got added to all gas, 10% ethanol = 10% worse gas mileage on an '03.

I just reset the odometer when I'd fill up, that seemed to be pretty consistent.™