Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX Replacement

Average User Rating:
5/5,
  1. shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    zebra555 and fxlr8 like this.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Very Nice. looks great in red

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Very Nice. looks great in red

4. nima

nima Premium Member Premium

Toronto, CA
    2010 FX50S
    Garages:
    Thats a beautiful ride. Love Volvo's interior, its the best after MB IMO. Congrats!

5. PEEJ

PEEJ Weeeeeeee!!!

Colorado Springs, CO
    2014 QX70S 5.0
    Patrick
    Garages:
    Sweet ride man.

6. huntpsu1

huntpsu1 Member

Fairfax, VA
    2013 Infiniti FX50S
    I just test drove the XC90 R design. Beautiful interior and good looks for a larger SUV. The ride and handling were also impressive. I love my FX50 but when I need to move on I'm seriously considering the Volvo. The only thing that's missing is moving from a V-8 to the suped up 4 cylinder. It has a pretty good punch, but it's just missing that grunt of the V-8. Times are changing and I guess so do my expectations!

7. OP
    OP
    shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    Thanks guys!

I was worried about the 4 cylinder as well but when I drove it, it was surprisingly quick. Keep in mind my FX was a 1st gen AWD so most cars would be a step up in speed. Of course the Volvo isn't remotely as fast as my modded 335i was but very different cars. I actually wanted the X5 50i and was ready to buy one but when my wife test drove it, she hated it because the high instrument cluster made for terrible visibility. She also hated all the buttons on the dash. And the 3rd row is useless. So we left that dealership and drove 1/2 mile to the Volvo one. Obviously the X5 twin turbo V8 is much more powerful and on paper it is way faster but when driving, it doesn't really feel that much faster. Both cars are very smooth and have lots of torque at low rpm so they feel similar. One just happens to get to 60 faster.

The positive displacement supercharger really does make the engine feel like a larger displacement one. And the transition to turbo is seamless, no lag or anything strange. Only thing I miss is the sound. My FX and 335 both had exhausts and both were 6 cylinders that sounded great. I don't know if I'd ever get an exhaust for the Volvo as it pretty much sounds like a sewing machine.

Also considered the new Q7 but don't like the shape of the back half. Front looks great but the rest looks weird. QX60 wasn't even in the running - looks like a minivan and the thought of CVT...

The interior and technology in the Volvo was a big part of what sold me. It's very simple and surprisingly easy to use. Most of the commonly used features have steering wheel or voice controls so I'm not using the touchscreen that much while driving. And when I do, it's pretty intuitive.

Still waiting for the aftermarket to get bigger. Hopefully it will soon as this is the only engine Volvo has moving forward. So far all I've done is installed Suntek Ultra film on the front end and waiting to get windows tinted soon. Only tune available is Polestar at $1200 and ~20 hp, not a great dollar to hp ratio - upside is it's dealer installed so warranty stays. Or I could get a piggyback which is ~40hp for like $3K. Not used to luxury euro pricing for mods.

zebra555 and fxlr8 like this.
  8. FX45Chicago

FX45Chicago Member

Chicago
    2005 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Just saw this. I'm proud to say I bought a Pearl White XC90 R-Design as well. I received delivery last Oct. I have the same feelings shadow191 this is the reason why I kept my FX45. I almost want to trade the XC90 for the Range Rover Velar.

zebra555 likes this.