Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti crossover owners and enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Our members experience ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Drivers Seat Power Seat Switch Problem

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Murphcm, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Murphcm

Murphcm Member

Minneapolis
    2003 FX45
    Chris
    The power seat switch on the drivers side stopped reclining the seat a while back and was stuck in a position that was comfortable to me, so no big deal. Last week I got in the car with gloves on and accidentally reclined it even further rather than moving it backwards as intended, and is now stuck. Now I am in a position where I either need to replace the switch, or cross the wires so that I can at least put it back where it was. My thought was that if I can remove the switch cover and play with the wiring while it was still in place/attached, that would be easier than removing the whole seat.

My question is, does anyone know if you can remove the switch, or at least the top cover, without removing the seat? Or does any fix require taking the seat out? Not really excited about having to buy a new switch, so please let me know if I am not thinking about an alternative!

Thanks!

*Registered members do not see ads, register today!

2. dubb

dubb Premium Member Premium

Palo Alto, CA
    2015 QX70
    Garages:
    I hope you find a different option, but when I had power seat problems with my 04, I had to replace the whole seat. They don't sell individual parts (though you may be able to scavenge some on eBay).

3. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    You can stick a plastic prying tool to pry it out. 20151213_111544.jpg

4. Americanguy

Americanguy Member

Millersburg oh
    2005 Fx35
    Jonathon
    Garages:
  5. Murphcm

Murphcm Member

Minneapolis
    2003 FX45
    Chris
    Yep I did see that thread about it, and looking more and more like I am going to have to replace the switch since there doesn't seem to be an option to remote the top and fix whats there.

Also, La_FX, my switch is on the top side of the seat and not on the lower part by the door (unfortunately). I wish it was because that would be much easier of a change out!

I will look to buy the switch unless anyone thinks of anything else outside of just temporarily switching the wires on that particular one to get it back to a comfortable position.

6. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    Did I attached the wrong picture? Sorry. Here is the correct one. I don't think you can remove it without taking seat out. at the least, you'll have to remove the 4 bolts and then tilt the seat up to remove the switch.
    20151213_111002.jpg 20151213_111107.jpg

7. Murphcm

Murphcm Member

Minneapolis
    2003 FX45
    Chris
    Thanks for the clarification and pics! That makes more sense now! And when you say 4 bolts, are there 2 that aren't visible after the 2 shown are out? Or once those two are out, can you just pop off the switch? I believe I have an angled screwdriver that could get at these 2 assuming there aren't more that are not visible in these pics. That also assumes that you can also unplug the switch from the top area once removed.... In your opinion, IF you got those 2 screws out, could you replace the whole thing without needing to get to the bottom of the seat? Thanks again!!

8. la_fx35

la_fx35 Staff Moderator

Chicago
    2003 FX45
    Andy
    Garages:
    The 4 bolts I mentioned are the 4 anchor bolts that bolts the seat to the floor. I seem to remember the screws are somewhat deep inside the holes of the switch trim piece; hence the suggestions to remove the 4 anchor bolts, tilt the seat toward the rear of the car so that the two screws can easily accessed. Also, it will be much easier to reach under the seat to unplug the connectors.

You can find used ones on eBay or new one from dealer. Part# 87066-CG000 Brick, 87066-CG001 Black.
    Front Seat for 2003 Infiniti FX45 | Infiniti Parts Deal

9. J3FF3R$0N

J3FF3R$0N She Needs Premium Dude ! Premium

Milton, Ontario
    2004 FX35
    Jeff
    Garages:
    I recently did mine, you can do it by just unbolting the seat but it makes it much easier to take the seat out.