Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ Door won’t open

Discussion in 'QX70 Exterior' started by Alex Betancourt, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Alex Betancourt

Alex Betancourt Member

Bayonne, NJ
    2009 FX35
    Federico
    Garages:
    So it got very cold here and when I tried to open my driver side door I must’ve pulled too hard and now the door won’t open from the inside or outside! How can I get the door open now? When I hit the key fob I hear the clicking but nothing happens.... pls hellllppppp.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Canada
    2013 FX37
    Same thing happened to me. Dealer had to replace a part - sorry don't remember what exactly is was, this happened last year.

3. OP
    OP
    Alex Betancourt

Alex Betancourt Member

Bayonne, NJ
    2009 FX35
    Federico
    Garages:
    I really don’t feel like going to the stealership for this issue. I did however purchase an aftermarket warranty a few months ago. Going to call and find out if this would be covered. Don’t want to have to dish out $500-$600.

Sent from my iPad

4. Kanedean

Kanedean Premium Member Premium

Peace River, AB
    2013 FX37 AWD
    Garages:
    Did you get this fixed?
    This sometimes happens to me after a car wash, when it gets really cold, and only after I use the aftermarket remote starter. For me, one of the security function in the door latch is frozen. I just use a heat gun to heat up the door latch area. You'll hear a click and the door will open. This issue happens for both the front driver and passenger doors. It has never happened for rear doors.

5. OP
    OP
    Alex Betancourt

Alex Betancourt Member

Bayonne, NJ
    2009 FX35
    Federico
    Garages:
    I dropped it off this morning at the stealership. Awaiting that call... lol

I have a third-party warranty so hoping to covers something.

I think i may have tried almost anything and everything. I wasnt about to rip out my the door panel in 20 degree weather and mess something up.

Sent from my iPhone

6. Kanedean

Peace River, AB
    2013 FX37 AWD
    Garages:
    So... the temp dropped to -38C this morning and my driver side door had the same issue again. My trusted heat gun method worked once more.

Keep us posted to see if there is a permanent fix for this door issue.

7. OP
    OP
    Alex Betancourt

Alex Betancourt Member

Bayonne, NJ
    2009 FX35
    Federico
    Garages:
    The stealership was able to open the door with the manual key.. they greased up the door hinge and what not. I picked it up and the next morning it did it again. I tried doing the same with the key and it worked.. i did notice that since it got warmer here (40-45 degrees) it has been working fine.

They did charge me $135 for a diagnostic fee. But then wanted to charge me $566 if i went back to change the actuator since thats the cause.

The cheapest i found the actuator was around $300 online and its for an OEM one.

Seems the culprit it very cold weather.

Sent from my iPhone

8. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Canada
    2013 FX37
    It's been below -20C/-4F here for two weeks and no problem since I had the part replaced. The cold is making the problematic part known, but it's not the cold per say.

That's wind chill right? I sure hope so! Remember that wind chill does not affect machines, they only 'feel' the air temperature.

9. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    There's a guy on here that sells generic door actuators and does a full HOW-TO for the install for about $120-160 for ALL 4 ACTUATORS...

10. Kanedean

Peace River, AB
    2013 FX37 AWD
    Garages:
    No, that's straight up the temperature.

DatMan likes this.
  11. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    Spoken like a true Canadian! Ottawa has had a WEIRD winter this year! How's the west doing?

12. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Canada
    2013 FX37
    Worse we’ve seen here in Montreal is -31 before the wind. It’s a brutal winter for sure.

DatMan likes this.