Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Crap Bridgestone Duelers

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Jim165, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Guys,
    While driving our QX70S 5.0 that we purchased pre-owned, we noticed that the Bridgestone Duelers that came on it are horrendously loud. It almost sounds like they are mud tires, but looking at them, they seem to have sufficient tread depth and the tread pattern looks like there would be a quiet ride. I have no idea of the mileage on the tires, but I’m sure they have a few on them. What are your experiences with these tires at high mileage? Are you getting the loud rumbling and thrumming on all road surfaces? Plan on replacing anyway, but was just wondering if it’s the tires or something else like a wheel bearing. Thanks..

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    It could be the wheels need to be rotated. My bridgestone duelers are 1 year old and are very quiet. Do you know when the last time the wheels were rotated? Ive always used bridge stone duelers since i got the car brand new and they never gave me an issue.

3. onthemove

onthemove Member

Car:
    2003 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Michael
    Uneven wear caused by alignment is probably the reason, unless it's an all-terrain or off-road type of tire. It could also be that one or more tires are out of round, though if out of round enough to be audible, shaking would probably be felt. My pirelli's became unbearable after 7+ years and 40k+ miles though the tires were still in good shape. If you chose to replace them, get michelin or continental. Bridgestone tires are like cement blocks (heavy). If they're newer, get them trued.

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Thanks y’all. I have no idea how many miles are on the tires nor the rotation history. I guess the best bet is to just replace them and go from there. Definitely going to get the Continentals in 295 width. Thanks for the input

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  5. onthemove

onthemove Member

Car:
    2003 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Michael
    Your QX is a 2014, so those are probably original, assuming you don't have really high miles. I have Continental DWs06 tires with maybe 1,500 miles on'em and so far so good, though I did have them trued as well. When they were trued, the guy told me that they were actually pretty round, moreso than most that he sees. He didn't have to take much material off to get'em perfect. He also told me that michelin is the #1 brand in his opinion and he works on race cars and higher end autos. Good luck.

6. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Thanks, mileage is 58k and tread depth is maybe 1/4”. I know these are considered high mileage tires, so I’m wondering if these actually are the originals. Pics below of it helps...

Attached Files:

7. onthemove

onthemove Member

Car:
    2003 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Michael
    80k mile tread wear warranty...they could be original. There are various #'s on the sidewall, some mean this and some mean that but there should be a date that may or may not be an obvious date. If they're newer, you might be able to cash in on the warranty in some way. I'd call'em up.

8. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    You think thats bad....look at this. You can even see how low the tread is next to the low tread indicator on the tire. The tires were practically bald.

Attached Files:

9. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Didn’t realize they had that kind of warranty! They probably are original. They’re definitely loud as hell and ride like crap. Definitely will look into some type of prorate, but will probably just toss them. Thanks

10. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    How many miles on the old ones? You went with the same tire as replacement?

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  11. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    Already forgot but yeah same replacements and they are holding up wonderfully. They are balanced and super quiet. Just waiting to have them rotated when the computer on the car says so. New tires right now have 7k on them.

12. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    Do you by any chance have a video you could send us of the noise inside the cabin with these tires? Before you swap them out.

13. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    I'll see what I can do this weekend...

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  14. IlovemyFX

IlovemyFX Premium Member Premium

Car:
    2005 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Before you go dropping a bunch of cash on new tires check your front wheel bearings. I thought my Hankook Ventus were just noisy tires until I had the right front wheel bearing replaced. They went from sounding and feeling like heavy duty snow tires to smooth and quiet.

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Yeah, see that’s what I was kinda concerned about. I need the new tires anyway and I have the CPO drivetrain warranty that would cover the bearings. I’ll probably just have them check the bearings first...

16. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Here are the videos, although I’m not sure if it’ll help. Seems like it increases in noise after initially driving for about 5 minutes and then becomes a constant thrumming...that would lead to a wheel bearing I my opinion, but could be tires warming up and starting the humming...

17. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    No volume. I had the same problem you have to restart your phone and do the video again.

18. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    Argh, POS iPhone...probably have the problem fixed before I get around to redoing it...

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  19. Spencerkey22

Spencerkey22 Member

Car:
    2009 Infiniti Fx50S AWD
    Name:
    Andrei
    Garages:
    Record a 5 sec sample vid saying something and do like a mic check and playback the vid and see if you hear yourself. It happens. Tech these days lol

20. OP
    OP
    Jim165

Jim165 Member

Car:
    2014 QX70S
    More like iOS 11 these days...freakin terrible...

Spencerkey22 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.