Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ Coilovers with CDC

Discussion in 'QX70 Exterior' started by SilverStreakFX, Jun 30, 2018.

1. SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    Stop throwing tomatoes.... I've searched and haven't really found an answer to my question

I recently picked up a 2010 FX50 sport and am really wanting to take an inch or two off the stance. Although I keep it in sport mode, I like the idea of softening it up when the wife in the car. I was planning on keeping stock shocks and add H&R . After reading posts here, many say it is worth it to step up to coilovers instead. Great. I love coils. But I automatically assume I am losing the CDC option, correct? With coils, would I leave the shocks unplugged? Will it throw any warning lights on? I'd much rather throw on the springs and call it a day but if ride quality suffers too much then i would bypass it.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    Does anyone have experience with this or an opinion on the topic?

3. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Car:
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    I believe you will get a light from unplugging the CDC and lose ability to adjust, but I can be wrong.

To be honest, you can make the ride more comfy and handle better with the right coilovers/springs vs. the stock setup, even with the 50S cdc suspesion.

SilverStreakFX likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    SilverStreakFX

SilverStreakFX Member

Car:
    2010 Fx50s
    Garages:
    Thanks for the reply! I mainly only want to take the gap out which makes me lean towards just springs. But comfort wise, I would like to change out to coils but will lose the CDC which I really do not use anyway. I am curious, what others with the FX50 with CDC have done

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.