Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

3.7L 2nd gen FX custom exhaust?

Discussion in 'QX70 Engine & Drivetrain' started by veritas, Mar 28, 2017.

1. veritas

veritas Member

Los Angeles 818/213
    2013 FX37
    I have a few questions for an aftermarket exhaust..

Currently have a 2013 FX37 with resonated test pipes but everything else is stock.

The shop I go to quoted me $250 installed for a custom axleback/muffler delete with magnaflow tips. The thing is, he said it's not stainless steel, it would be aluminized steel but lifetime warranty..

1. Would you guys recommend that route or should I get a G37 Manzo axleback and get it extended? Concerned about the sound/quality difference

2. How would it work for the 2nd gen FX if I wanted to go true dual?

3. Is any G37/370z catback exhaust full bolt on onto the FX? I know the tips have to be extended but besides that.

Thanks in advance!

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. shadow191

shadow191 Premium Member Premium

Atlanta, GA
    2007 FX35
    Garages:
    I'd get something with a muffler as you already have test pipes. No muffler is going to be loud and probably raspy. If you get a catback, the G37 needs extended tips but the 370Z might need the exhaust extended as well as tips.

3. DatMan

DatMan Premium Member Premium

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    Have you checked the ARK catback setup yet?

PEEJ likes this.
  4. akachi

akachi Member

NY Queens
    2011 FX35 AWD
    Matt
    Garages:
    I had the G37 Tanabe axleback which is similar to the Manzo axleback. The tips had to be extended
    Here's how it sounds. Everything else is stock

JayCSmoov likes this.
  5. Old Blue

Old Blue Member

Spring TX
    FX 37 rwd
    Tom
    Borla makes a nice flow through muffler with the 1,000,000 mile warranty, finally made my FX 37 sound like a boy's car.
    I had to have a muffler shop install it, but it looks pretty cool, so sweet

6. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I recently just bought some top speed ebay mufflers for a g37 and they fit just fine. All the hangars match perfect.I'm also running a beluga y pipe and it really opens it up and has a deeper growl. I had to add roughly about 4 inches of pipe to get the tips to where they need to be. It sounds great and isn't too loud or raspy at all. The dual setup should fit just have to extend the tips as well. If you want detailed pics with measurements let me know

demi6ix likes this.
  7. Old Blue

Old Blue Member

Spring TX
    FX 37 rwd
    Tom
    I wondered about using a G 37 exhaust but nobody in the exhaust industry seemed to know,

8. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I spent around 300 bucks total I believe . Those cheap Ebay mufflers aren't bad at all. I'm not building a race car it's just for sound and looks. I'll take pics when I get home of what I did .

Old Blue and demi6ix like this.
  9. Old Blue

Old Blue Member

Spring TX
    FX 37 rwd
    Tom
    Yeah, I just had to do something about that factory exhaust, my first GEN sounded much better.

JayCSmoov likes this.
  10. milu

milu Member

Uk
    Fx50s
    Does the g37 set up fit the 50s too?

11. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I don't see why it wouldn't. Everything is the same besides a few changes to the body. I'm sure it's still running the same setup.

12. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    So I just measured and you have to add 4 inches to get it to where the stock tips stick out to.

Attached Files:

KO843030 likes this.
  13. KO843030

KO843030 Member

Charlotte, NC
    2011 G37x
    Kyle
    Hey guys, I have a 2011 G37x with a FI catback and Z1 HFCs. Any idea if they'd both work on an FX50? About to sell the G to a buddy and get an FX37/50. Leaning towards a 50. :)

**IF it'll work, I assume it would require some cutting/welding, which I'm fine with.

Luis Gutierrez likes this.
  14. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    20170409_103159.jpg 20170409_103159.jpg

15. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    And also I know this might not be related to the exhaust but the g37 upper strut tower brace works with the 2nd gen fx35 with no problem. Really helped out with stability. 20170409_122034.jpg

demi6ix and KO843030 like this.
  16. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I'm also running a beluga y pipe that is the same as the g37

demi6ix and KO843030 like this.
  17. KO843030

KO843030 Member

Charlotte, NC
    2011 G37x
    Kyle
    Oh yeah?? Nice! I have the Cusco strut tower brace. Good to hear the Y pipe works too, so my entire catback should.

However, I'm leaning more towards an FX50...any idea if the same things should be true?

demi6ix likes this.
  18. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    I want to say they are running the same chassis setup so I think it will. Shoot if anything just take some measurements of an fx35 and 50 and compare them. I'm sure know one would mind if you peaked under one before you bought it . As far as the cat back goes I think the mid pipe might need to be extended as well. Not entirely sure though. If anything I can measure my mid pipe for you and you can see if it will work

19. KO843030

KO843030 Member

Charlotte, NC
    2011 G37x
    Kyle
    I'm sure the brace would work fine with a 50, but wondering about the catback hookingup to the cats, if I kept the stock cats. I think all the measurements and whatnot would be perfect, just the flange to flange of CBE to cats.

20. Luis Gutierrez

Luis Gutierrez Member

San antonio,tx
    2009 fx35
    Luis
    Garages:
    They would probably work. If not it wouldn't be much work to weld on new flanges to match.