Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] 2006 fx35 dash on a 2005 is it possible?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dexfx, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Dexfx

Dexfx Member

DR
    2005 FX35
    Franklin
    is it possible or nah

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. 1bad_fx45

1bad_fx45 Member

Houston
    FX45
    the trims and panels wont fit right.

3. OP
    OP
    Dexfx

Dexfx Member

DR
    2005 FX35
    Franklin
    Okay thanks,

I was trying to see if i can switch my orange screen for the color one with navigation. I know there are 2005 models that do bring navigation by factory; mines just happens to not have one. Im wondering if it’s easy to get one (the screen and trim) from a used fx and plug it in mines. Do you think it’d fit?

4. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    You'll need to do an orange screen relocation and double DIN screen in it's place... the 05 screen and 06 screen is NOT interchangeable... Do a search for "screen relocation" and you should be able to find a few links...

5. OP
    OP
    Dexfx

Dexfx Member

DR
    2005 FX35
    Franklin
    I knew about relocating the orange screen was looking for a essier way sround but thankd for the info

6. zebra555

zebra555 www.tuner-store.com iS VIP

Miami
    2004 Infiniti FX35 Supercharged
    Garages:
    Way to much work is involved. I was thinking to do that, but after realizing how much work needs to be done, left that idea alone.

7. OP
    OP
    Dexfx

Dexfx Member

DR
    2005 FX35
    Franklin
    I think i can do it myself but i much rather do it proffesionally since there a lot of wiring and extending to do There’s a custom audio shop in my neighborhood im gonna see how much they’d charge for a job like that

8. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    You would need the newer dash... That's around $2000 just for the dash... Then you would need to source the undercarriage panels, the front for the HVAC controls, and so on and so on... It'll probably run you about $5000 minimum (including labor) IF you managed to source some of the stuff second hand or off a wrecker. Buying the parts new, you'd probably go over $10,000... Many have entertained the idea.. No one ever bothered to do it because of the prohibitive costs...

9. porkandbeans

porkandbeans iS Dutcher iS VIP

Inland Empire, CA
    2003 FX45 AWSM
    Garages:
    If you want to swap out the orange screen for a nav screen, wouldn't it be easier to get a nav screen from an 03-05 instead of an 06-08?

Either way, I'd pass on that project. Cell phone nav/maps is far better.

10. OP
    OP
    Dexfx

Dexfx Member

DR
    2005 FX35
    Franklin
    I mean if thats possible to do im down i just want a nav

11. DatMan

DatMan Member

Ottawa, ON
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Dat
    You would need an entire HVAC assembly and harnesses... Around $5000 for parts if you can get the expensive stuff used... Harnesses will be what ends up costing you a bunch... And upwards of $10,000 if you bought all the parts new... Still not worth it...