Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Your opinion, please...newbie in the house.

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by INFINITEEFX45, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I am a newbie with a 2003 FX45 that i just bought 3 weeks ago. Prior to that, I was living in Long Beach, cali and had my trades of 2 Nissan 350z roadsters and one Lexus IS350. When i moved to colorado in september, I was told that any RWD would not be safe in the snow, so i reluctantly traded my 2006 350Z roadster for the FX. I miss the luxury that the IS350 had (touch screen navi, heated and A/C seats, voice activated functions, and everything else the FX tech package has); i also missed the handling and the speed of the 350Z's that i had; so when you combine luxury with sport, you get the FX! I love my FX and in the snow, the all time AWD comes in handy. Although I dont have the nice luxuries of the IS and the speed, handling, and top down of the Z- I guess i got the best of both worlds.

Sorry about my freakin life story here, but anyways...just wanted to know what you think of my ride so far....im working on getting the sport tail lights this weekend and will have more pics up. heres what ive done so far:

20" TSW Thruxton rims staggered with 5 inch lips on rears :eek:
    Hood bug deflector
    3 car washes
    Sport tail lights coming this weekend! :) need help on DIY removing tail lights....
    *more to come: any suggestions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 16, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    INFINITEEFX45

INFINITEEFX45 Member

pics resized. thank you all.

3. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Welcome and congrats on the FX.
    to install the sport tails is really easy...here is another site with a DIY for the lights: http://www.infinitifx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4619. i was going to try and find you a DIY that was on this site, but i had that bookmarked from when i did mine...

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Welcome to :iS:

BTW the pics arent showing up for me......just red X's

5. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

you might want to resize your pictures but damn thats a fat lip in the back:cool:

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Nice ride, and welcome aboard. I think a change in exauhst might be a good next mod, then maybe an ecu reflash.

7. OP
    OP
    INFINITEEFX45

INFINITEEFX45 Member

how much does an ecu reflash cost and where can i get it?

8. OP
    OP
    INFINITEEFX45

INFINITEEFX45 Member

Thanks

9. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    There's a place in torrance that does it, but there might be some other options. Keep a watch on this thread, and let's wait for Dr.2k to chime in. He's got the best mod knowledge on the 45.

10. Mongolian

Mongolian Premium Member Premium

OMG... pix to big to fit on computer.

Can you please resize pix and take a side profile shot. I would love to see your rims. 5" lips!!

11. OP
    OP
    INFINITEEFX45

INFINITEEFX45 Member

pics updated and resized..

12. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I can't see the pictures, just red X's like what Will is seeing.

13. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Welcome aboard the scene. Nice to see more and more 45'rs. My first set of wheels were TSW montage and I was seriously considering the thruxton due to the color, lip and 5 spoke but the design made the wheels look smaller then the actual size so I ended up with the montage. But it looks good on your ride with the tire combo.

14. da mayor

da mayor Member

welcome here. LMS has a sale on the fX45 intakes now

15. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Jeezus that is one extremely deep lip. I'm not a fan of that style because of how small it makes the rim look... those 20's look like 18's because of the spoke style to me :frown:

But it is a pretty nice, aggressive offset

16. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The rims remind me of the Axis Shines......

17. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Doc, can you give more info on ecu upgrades for him?

18. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

thats a deep lip!

19. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Like what? The TS reflash is pretty straight forward. Just send them your ecu and they will reflash and send it back with a day turnaround time and he should have it back with a week tops depending on shipping method but if its done next day then it would be faster then that. Call technosquare
    http://www.technosquareinc.com/contact.htm
    and talk to Tadashi. Taking out the ecu from behind the glove box is pretty easy.

With the new reflash, the speed limiter will be removed and the rev limiter bumped up to 6800k I believe, but due to the lag it will look like 7100k on the speedo. Also the 3 oem timing maps will set more aggressively along with A/F accordingly.