Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

yet another wheel spacer question

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by jbaker1121, Jan 9, 2008.

1. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    hey guys.

i feel liek an idiot aksing this, because i couldnt find the answer for me after look thur every thread i found whil searching "wheel spacers". anyways, i have stock 20" wheels with 265/50r20 11v parada spec-xtires.... which spacers would fit without needeing any other modification (aka which ones wont rub or cause issues). sorry for askign this again, but i couldnt find an answer.

thanks guys, and sorry again for the monotonous questioning.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    You should be fine with 20mm spacers. Fronts and rear.

3. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    and wouldnt have to buy any other nuts or bolts or anything? i'm taking your word for it :) lol keep in mind my car isnt lowered also, so that woudl probably help the no-rubbing.

convinced ...time to order the h&r 20mm spacers...haha.

p.s. if i decide to lower, there wouldnt be any problems stil right (i know u have lowered with spacers and 20's)

4. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    nevermind cube answered my question. thanks for the help fxl8r!!!!!

5. Are you running hubcentric spacers. I posted this in another place, wrong subject sorry about that. I was at the shop getting my wheels/tires put on, and the wheels were obstucted by the caliper. The wheels are a 38 offset, vs our 40 offset, 2mms....gees. I called the shop where I ordered them, but as an option I could put spacers on, but I want hubcentric only, thus my question. Thanks

6. Hey I had a shop order spacers for my wheels, but the cost was something like 20 dollars. I don't understand what he could have possibly ordered. I made sure he looked for hubcentric spacers. He called wheel pro and I guy that works there who owns a FX45 told him exactly what I needed after explaining that I needed clearance for my caliper. I told the guy that ordered that the normal cost of spacers are anywhere between 60-100 dollars. I can't speak to him until tomorrow so I can get the name of the person he spoke with, but I can't help but wonder what could he have possibly ordered for so cheap a price.

7. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    They probably ordered you hubcentric rings and not spacers.

8. Wheel spacer saga continues......You know I hate lazy customer service...lol. I tell the guy from the so called performance shop that I need hubcentric wheels spacers. I must've said hubcentric 5 times. Now he calls me and says your spacers are in at the cost of $10 dollars per spacer. I get there and its just as suspected, 4 very cheap universal spacers. Now I told this guy exactly what I needed and he goes into this story of well I was just trying to help, and now this is turning into a nightmare. This guy makes one phone call and orders the wrong thing solely based on what some guy with another FX said...lol. Im thinking all this guy has to do is take a few orders from paying customers and do a little research sometimes....hello...its your job. So he alludes that this is a special order, don't know if he can return them. So I say its a cheap universal spacer, what is special order about this. Its like anything, you order it and don't use it, send it back. Then he goes into this I never had anyone not trust what I say...lol. Im doing everthing to keep from telling this guy how I really feel. This is the major problem in this area, want to be performance shops with nobody in the know. Now Im not too upset about this because when he told me the price of the spacers I called the shop where I got my wheels and we worked out a deal for custom wheel spacers for my FX. Thank goodness for this forum.

9. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dam, so hard to find good service these days.

10. Tell me about....lol.

11. I got H&R 20MM front and rear with longer studs.
    Perfect!

12. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    Mine still lookin good--gave my rears a nice looking camber...looks mean!

13. Do you have bigger pics?

14. CIMG0357.jpg
    CIMG0349.jpg

sorry this is all i got now.

Attached Files:

15. RadoFX

RadoFX Member

This is more a question for both jbaker and fxlr8, do you guys like your setup as far as lowering w/ springs and 20MM spacers? I'm looking to do springs, and potentially wheel spacers as well but the high cost of the H&R's is deterring me. Also, what kind of alignment issues did you have with the setup? I'm looking to get the Eibach front camber kit and having my mechanic do everything at once. Please guide this lost soul...

16. Tko512iFX

Tko512iFX Premium Member Premium

What is the brand/name/size of these rims?

Attached Files:

17. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    CEC c826

oooh.... I like it in black.

Actually, if you click on his screen name and select " find all post by ..." you'll find your answer

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  18. Tko512iFX

Tko512iFX Premium Member Premium

Ya i found them and they do look nice in black. But there not too cheap about $450 per wheel for 22's and they look to be on the heavy side.

19. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    you'll be fine there will be no alignment issues. you can even go with 25mm spacers which will look even better... The only thing that mechanics will say is the in the back tyhey can only align it to a certain point because of the lowering and the spacing...but that wont be an issue until you break the springs in...
    You definitely dont need the camber kit for the front, and you barely need it for the back. If you do want to get it, just get it for the back...all it means is that theyll have more room for alignment adjustments

man those are cheap for 22's they are definitely heavy as sin

20. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    I couldn't find the weight of these wheels.