Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 WRP Technology

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Psiclne, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Look what I got in the Mail today - Gonna head out to LMS for the install now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its 5lbs lighter than stock - so we'll see how it works out.......I'll report back in a bit.:iS:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks good Will, I did see that advertise it on the org. Let us know how it performs.

3. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Just got back -

RPM's seem to climb with more ease.....No noticeable power increase with the butt dyno. Will test out some more over the weekend. Sure looks pretty though - hahaha!

4. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Pics?
    How come the butt never feels anything???

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Looks good. i felt my gains off the bat with mine, but they did an ECU reset for me (pedal method). give it a restart and after a day you might feel something. some reports on the org say it took a while for the ECU to adjust for their crank pulley.

i love mine, but im getting some squeaking from the belt (i guess during the winter the belts contract because of the cold) ill have to have the belt adjusted a bit.

6. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Cuz theres a sign on mine that says "Exit only - Do not enter" :LOL:

I'll see about a reset - the rpms do climb with much more ease - so thats a good thing.

7. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Now thats a good one Will :LOL::LOL::LOL:

9. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

10. brown_fv

11. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I would go full reset (battery) if I were you. The pedal method sucks donkey & is a PITA.

12. brown_fv

Why does it suck?...
    not really a pain, just got to get the timing on point...works almost every time for me since i am used to it.

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    brown, you have to remember that Dave is a bit coordinately challenged =)

14. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

15. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    looks good, even sleeved... way better than the cnr pulleys we had couple years back, had to take mine off and on 3 times... I am pretty sure the owner of WRP is on our board.

16. OP
    OP
    Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

yeah I told him to come over and check out IS - might get more bites over here. The thread over at the Org wasnt moving....did he sign up Jeff?

17. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Yes, but will not show up on the members list because there is a 5 post minimum.

18. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Very Cool Mod Will..

19. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Looks good, I may look into that down the road if nobody reports any problems with it. I'm still a fan of the stock pulley ever since all the research I did into crank pulleys due to the CNR issues.

I don't think you'd feel much in the butt-dyno from removing 5 lbs of rotating mass. You drop 2 lbs of weight on each wheel and you'll free up a lot more rotating mass than 5 lbs of pulley... but you may see free-revving in park go up much faster because the rotating mass doesn't involve the full drivetrain this time and 5 lbs is a healthy chunk in comparison to THIS amount of rotating mass.

I mean I didn't feel a whole lot when I did all 3 CNR pulleys, except when I would rev in neutral or park.

20. wperdigon

wperdigon Member

hey thats awesome! i was just crusing google and ran across this thread!

well some time has passed, how happy are you with the component? I hope you are!

let me know - i will be more then happy to set up a gorup buy for the forum if i'm allowed to :)