Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Why did you buy?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frankiago, Sep 9, 2007.

What was the main reason you decided to go with the FX over all other cars/trucks/etc

1. Exterior Styling

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  2. Performance (Speed / Handling)

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  3. Interior Design (Comfortability, Driver's Car)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Versatility and Utility (Basically *all of the above*)

24 vote(s)
    58.5%
  1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    What was the main reason that you even considered the FX (35/45) as your next car at the time of purchase?

1. Exterior Styling - the unique look of Infiniti's crossover, huge head-turner when it was first introduced
    2. Performance - amazing handling for its size, enough power to keep most satisfied, definitely sporty
    3. Interior Design - nice look and feel to the interior, driver's satisfaction, positive feedback from controls
    4. Versatility and Utility - the utility of an SUV, handling of a sports-like car, aggressive styling, decent creature comforts inside

PS: keep in mind, cost is not a factor in this poll. We all realize that there's MUCH better performance to be had at a cheaper price, more luxurious to be had at lower prices, but there's also a lot in the FX that beats out cars/trucks at a higher price bracket. This is not the intent of the poll.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

The Exterior Styling is what sold me on it. Great aggressive stance -

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I needed a carpool kiddie hauler that was fun to drive. I was pleased to find out that the FX was a joy in the canyons & excellent for Vegas hauls too. It's the perfect ride.

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    +1 on the Exterior Styling.

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    #4. Basically liked it all. Uniqueness.

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I wish the poll allowed multiple choices, cuz it would be reason #1 AND #2.

...anyway, when I got my 02' Acura TL-S back in 01', I loved it... but part of me missed the higher seating (I had a Dodge p/u truck before). Then, when the FX debuted in 02' it really caught my attention... (especially the specs on the 45). The 6 years that I drove the Acura, what always grab'd my attention on the road was the FX. Last March, when I was shopping around for a car... I went from a Subaru Legacy GT to Volvo S60R... then stumbled on an Infiniti lot with a great deal on a low mileage FX45... so the rest was history :biggrin:

7. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    oops :shame: Then again, the poll was to find out what MOST appealed to you.

8. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    At first didn't like it. But as i saw more of them on the street it began to grow on me. loved the contemporary styling of the car. and loved the growl it gave on the road.

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

that's alright... I voted #1

10. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

All of the above

11. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Reliability was number one for me. Being a V8 was probably second.

12. fourfifth

fourfifth Member

Boston, MA
    2009 infiniti fx35
    Garages:
    Yeah this question is hard to pick one answer, cause when I first saw one I was like Dam! Then I heard it pull off and said Daammmmm.

13. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I wanted something like a sports car, but since I'm 4 weeks into marriage we also needed something in the event of a surprise. ;)

Plus it looks f****n awsome rollin down the street.

14. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

a couple months ago, I went to San Diego with a "friend" and her 20 month old daughter... We strapped the child seat in the back... All I can say is... if I ever have a kid, I'm either going back to stock (springs) or switch to H&R. It was a rather rough ride for her in the back... But it was kinda cute to see her face shaking with the ...what's up with this car? look

15. this car is goood over alllll

16. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Thats so funny! I mean poor girl, but I'm sure it was cute. :biggrin:

Note taken!

17. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Pierce took the word right out of my mouth...

Uniqueness... There is nothing like it on the road. In my case, the neighborhood I am from no one has this CAR....

It looks good in almost any agle... Great blend in straight and angular lines. Plus I like the ROAR that it makes when you are trying to get peoples attention to move out of the way...

18. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

There was that one Black Railess we saw Saturday in your hood......

19. Performance did it for me...

I had been wanting to get a luxury SUV or a performance sedan for a while. I had always wanted a BMW X5 4.4i, and was almost in love with that car. But during my search I kept coming across the FX and when it was compared to the X5 it always performed better in several categories. So I decided to go for a test drive, and the rest is history. I was sold on the FX45 that day, and picked it up a week later.

There was a world of difference between the FX and the X5, there was just no comparison, I think I got whiplash the first time I stepped on the gas :LOL:. The FX combines the best of both worlds: utility and performance. As well as being a luxury vehicle.

Sorry for the long post, I know, I know.... I sound like an Infiniti spokesman but I like this car so much I couldn't help it. Thanks for reading.:)

20. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

...okay, I don't want you guys to think that I'm out there street racing, cuz that would be wrong...

but with that said... I'm sure we all (occasionally) gun it off the light to show the guy next to ya "what's up". Anyway, the other day I was at a stop light and a guy in a Mercedes Banz ML500 pulled up... I looked over, we made eye contact, and I knew we were on... I knew it was a ML500 and not the 350 cuz, I actually zipped by him just moments before and saw the emblem, which is probably what provoked it... anyway, so the light turned green... and we both floor'd it... I had a bad launch (I still haven't learn how to launch), and I can honestly say he did too... but we were neck and neck... but I started to slowly pull ahead... but we came upon a red light... so it was the end of that... it was also where I had to turn so...

...anyway, I have to admit... I was rather impressed with that little run... if I only knew how to launch better