Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Who would win?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by imballin2day, Dec 30, 2007.

1. imballin2day

imballin2day Member

LA
    Just got home from a long night. While driving I was challenged by a 4.4 X5. After fooling around for a couple of blocks we got to a red light so we went at it. His car was stock and mine doesn't have any performance mods. So statistic wise which car is faster? I was expecting him to take me but I got ahead of him for good after 5 seconds.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. In a stock 35, you would lose. In a 45 you would win. The X5 has a lot more weight to haul around than the FX.

3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

assuming that the drivers are equal? X5 (4.4) should pull away on the FX35, but if you knew how to "launch", it'll give you a HUGE advantage on someone that just stomps on the gas pedal on the green light...

5. exactly, if the guy doesn't know how to launch the car it all matters, you can have the 2 drivers same car and one of them would know how to drive the car to the best of its ability, the fx35 is fast but its also a heavy beast

6. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

with a RWD FX you would be a bit quicker than an AWD FX, but you have also put on some weight with your subs and possibly wheels depending on their weight.

between you and the X5 4.4, the upper hand should be with the X5...bigger engine, torquey V8 should take you off the line, and beemers are pretty fast up top too, especially on the HWY.

maybe the driver just weighed like 600 lbs which eliminated any power advantages lol

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

LOL, coming from a personal trainer's perspective... I've always wanted to say this... People who are concern about keeping their cars lite, like getting carbon fiber hoods and such... what about just losing weight, ON the driver? It's a healthy mod (if you're over weight), and can be cheaper than modding the car. ;)

8. About 20 years ago, I was purchasing a road bike (as opposed to a mountain bike, NOT a motorcycle) and I was trying to get it as light as possible without breaking the bank. The salesman flat out told me that the best way to get going faster and lighten the bike (I wanted it about one or two pounds lighter) was for me to work out more and take off five or ten pounds!

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

sometimes I wish I can come right out and speak my mind, but I just don't have the heart

10. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:

that may be very true, but a really light bike feels so nice.. both physically & mentally too I guess:rolleyes: but once you really get strong you can beat all the weight weenies even on a steel bike :biggrin:

11. CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    Anyone has any experience with ML350? Which one would be faster, FX35 or ML350??

12. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

FX35 shouldn't have any problems with the ML 350. The ML 350's heavier, a LOT heavier.

ML 350 -Curb Weight 4705lbs(!)
    FX35-Curb Weight 4151lbs (RWD)/4314lbs (AWD)

Even if you have the heavier AWD FX35, you're still about 400lbs lighter, that's like having 2, 2.5 people more in the ML.