Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

QX70 09+ Which remote starter to choose?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by quad2s, Jul 8, 2018.

1. quad2s

quad2s Member

Car:
    2017 QX70 AWD Ltd
    Name:
    Art
    Looking to get a remote starter on my 2017 QX70 for those lovely Canadian winters. Will be installed by dealer so installation complexity is not a factor.

Must have features:
    1. 2-way system so i know if it started
    2. 1+ mile range
    3. Either interior temperature sensor or ability to disable auto shutoff (takes a while to warm up the car in the middle of winter)

Question - can a fancy led starter remote fully replace the factory smart key? Not looking forward to having to carry 2 remotes.

Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. S3R3BR0

S3R3BR0 Member

Car:
    2015 QX70 AWD
    I love my Fortin Remote starter but it does not meet the criteria set forth in your post.
    QX70 09+ - How to Install Fortin Remote Start

As far as what you are looking for, I would suggest something from DEi Electronics. I used to run Viper/Python 2-way systems in my previous vehicles and loved them as well.

SilverStreakFX likes this.
  3. DatMan

DatMan Member

Car:
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Name:
    Dat
    Go here:

Viper Canada

You can build your own system on there or look around at what they have...

And I would recommend getting a SMARTSTART with GPS system. I wouldn't recommend having your dealer install it. They're morons. Get one of the Viper guys to do it for you. I have a VIPER system in my FX and I don't need an additional FOB or anything to carry around... Although the guy that did mine knows FX's like the back of his hand (johnmax)...

4. Pinstripe

Pinstripe Member

Car:
    2013 FX37
    I have the Fortin system and it can do all of the above requirements. I do have the app which works in southern Ontario and Quebec. So if the OP is located in that area, he's good to go.

DatMan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.