Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Which LMS config?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Keemo, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I have been huming and hawing about what to do with a CAI...

And came up with the two following because of the least amount of hassles and $$$.

1. LMS ZTube w/ stock air box and K&N drop in.
    or
    2. LMS SRI system and get rid of the box then down the road upgrade the filter perhaps to a K&N with a venturi ring.

I was thinking about LMS SRI tube w/ stillen box, but buying both of them then having the Stillen filter sitting doing nothing is just out of the question I decided.

What would be the suggested config? I just want the LMS tube in the engine bay cause it looks so good.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have the LMS ZTube with an K&N drop in and I think it works great.

3. OP
    OP
    Keemo

cool...
    Was there a definate notice in increase of performance? How does it sound?

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    I had a z-tube with an air hog drop-in and it worked fine with my supercharger

I then had a z-tube with a true flow drop-in....

I finally settled for an LMS SRI and with a stillen box. Did not notice any difference in power compared to the drop in's only an increase in sound.... I mainly chose the SRI with Stillen box for looks.

engine-1.jpg

So basically you just need to figure out are you going for power or looks? You should be happy with just a drop in and z-tube...and you will also save money going that route.

Attached Files:

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Performance, not really. In my opinion I dont think your gonna notice a few extra horses. Yes you do hear a nice growl during WOT.

6. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

just so you know the LMS SRI comes with a K&N filter, but you will lose the stock box!

7. OP
    OP
    Keemo

This is the way I'm kinda leaning towards. I think the ztube looks pretty good compared to stock of course, and if I'm not going to notice any difference with power compared to the SRI then most likey that'll be that. By the way fxlr8, your bay does look nice.

I knew it came with a K&N, thanks though, but I guess I'm a sucker to marketing or does the venturi ring make much of a difference?

Does anyone know if I could buy just the Stillen air box without any filters, rings etc?

...why does this mod always seem to drive people cray-z ? :rofl:;)

8. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Do you have any pix of your set up? If I go this route, does the accordian peice disapear?

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope this helps - not very good angles though.

10. OP
    OP
    Keemo

That looks good Psiclne. I think I'll try that route first.
    I'm gona pick up the filter today and post how it goes.

Thanks again.

11. da mayor

da mayor Member

i just installed the LMS intake from ironchef2005 and it doesn't fit at all into my '07.... it sounds good but im selling it for 06 only fx45's

12. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

hey keemo i have a few pics of my LMS set up too if you wanna see...i got a few angles.

View attachment 127183

View attachment 127184

View attachment 127185

if you want some closer pics send me a PM and ill take some for you

13. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    That looks so sweet.

14. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Yah! That looks good! I did put in a K&N yesterday and it does make the engine seem like its working less to get the same amount of umph out of it. So I'm happy. Finally, The Wait Is Over!! - Page 2 - InfinitiScene.com

Brown, the way you have it set up is with a Pop Chager right? So I guess what I'm asking is, if I found a round K&N that fit the part where the sensor is I could open it up like that as well and get rid of the box? I think I'll end up getting the 1/2" spacer b4 the ztube. But a step at I time I guess.:)
    Then I'll be asking you for some UR pulley advise...;)

Da mayor, your selling your 07 for an 06 because the intake doesnt fit?:confused: or you must be getting a different intake. I wonder what changed if anything from 06 to 07?
    Or do I have it all wrong:shame:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007
  15. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
  16. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

everything looks so polished! are you planning on running a heat shield or anything until you go F/I?

17. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
  18. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Comon now Cube, Bert is right, this is the 21st century! Put some of that mod money into a nice digicam so you can properly picture document your modding progress.

19. Frankiago

IL
    lol leave me alone! I've gotten by with camera phones my entire life :LOL:

I'd love to get a Rebel, but I don't need it! I'll borrow someone's camera and take pics when it's installed lol

As for a heat shield I don't know... maybe!

Besides... Rebel... $600-700

UTEC... maybe $500? Muwahahah

20. Frankiago

IL
    Oh and a major reason why I don't like buying digi cams is b/c I just feel so outdated within a month. Last one I bought was like 4 MP and it's crap compared to what probably all of y'all have :p I can't even find it right now.