Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Where do you take your car for Service?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by RideOrDie, Feb 26, 2008.

1. As the title states, where do you take yours to or do you do all the work yourself? I'm debating whether to work on my FX or not and if it's worth my time to take it in. BTW, Im in SoCal...

I actually just called Infiniti of Tustin and they want $387 for an oil/filter change, air filter change, coolant flush and inspection. What a joke. Any recommended shops?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I take mine to LMS......Give them a ring.

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I bet someone's gonna recommend LMS... I've personally never been there... Heck. if you know how to do it yourself? got for it... I'm just not good with those things... plus it's a hassle (IMO) to have to take the oil somewhere to dump it (legally, that is).

edit: you beat ME this time :p

Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Regular servicing i just take it to the stealership...for my mods i take it to this shop i found from the G35 forums...been going there for over 6months now. very friendly and honest place...but its about a 30min drive. i dont mind though cuz its a great break-in on the highway home haha

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

TrainerKen - 1
    Psiclne - 1

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

typing with the Treo just takes too dern slow... can't wait to have high speed internet again :sad:

7. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yup thats the place!

9. Krayzie

Krayzie AĆ©rospatiale

i just go to the dealer for regular servicing but go to a different shop for modding...any of you Vancouver guys looking for a shop can PM me for info;)

10. sgvxcheese

sgvxcheese Member

Southern California
    infiniti fx 35
    west covina nissan.

11. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Let them know William & Pierce refered ya

WCN has great service but the pricing to me is cheaper than a Infiniti Dealer but still up there.

12. mayfx

mayfx Member

Does anyone know of any good places in or around Houston? I went to the Infiniti dealership on Monday and was amazed by the prices. Some joker told me that if I wanted synthetic oil, that they charge $11 for it!:eek: And that interval maintenance is steep also, and it doesnt do much.

13. brown_fv

Same...i really should have gotten some jacks and just installed the test pipes myself. i could have really used the money saved from not paying my mechanic to do it lol

when i do get around to getting an exhaust, i am going to get the tips extended and just install the whole thing myself to save the hassle and the money. plus i feel a lot better when i install the mods myself.

14. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

^thats the spirit. I do a lot of the regular stuff myself so I can first han get under there and check for leaks and stuff. For stuff I can't do I've been going to Technosquare cause they are careful with my FX. I asked them how much to pull my motor. First words out were, without scratching anything? :)

15. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well it would be hard to find people as meticulous and thorough as Richie and Howard =) plus they are old school...they take their time doing everything, lol.

16. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    soon, im going back to west co nissan again for my service. warranty work, i still recommend glendale infiniti.

17. brown_fv

i was so waiting for somebody to say "i go to my dealer..." so i could have cracked a joke.

18. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

they're not bad... the girls they have as cashiers are pretty hot ;) A nice waiting area with a plasma TV, free bottle water espresso type drink...

BUT with that said... what annoyed me was when I took it in for a simple oil change... the service guy was going through everything, pointing out that my tires should be rotated, looking to see if the battery was good... he trying so very hard to find something else to charge me for... I didn't like that at all... reminds me when I go to Nordstrom to buy a $30 shirt but they try talking me into buying a pair of $300 jeans to go with it :mad: I know they're trained to try and bring in more revenue to the service dept... but there's a fine line between suggestions and persistency...

oh, and the car wash was totally half-ass'd :mad:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  19. aiya

aiya First Genner iS VIP

NYC
    Garages:
    That sucks, Ken. I hate it when they push and push for you to get something done. I'm fortunate that my dealer graciously takes no for an answer and allows me to dictate what work I want done.

And yes, always refuse the wash from them.

20. brown_fv

My dealership doesn't try to persuade me into doing unnecessary maintenance either...just the one time they tried charging me $100 for a diagnostics charge with my CEL because of my test pipes when i didn't give them the "OK" to do it.

Oh yeah, never take the wash they just rush it and its a waste of time.

One crazy thing though, when we had the 05 FX before it got stolen, the dealership used to have an agreement with the gas station across the street so they would take it there for a touchless wash after servicing...now that was wicked. i guess they stopped so that they could make more money lol