Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Wheel refinish and help in Boston

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gchristopher9, Nov 5, 2007.

1. So i think I'm going to stick with my Enkei LM/S1 for my FX. They are currently chrome, and I'm trying to price out how much i could get them black chromed for. Does anyone in MA have any idea who might be able to do this and what it might cost? if it ends up being to expensive i could go with a paint or powder coat.

I'm also looking for someone in the area that might be able to help my swap out some headlights. I'm debating buying a set to mod (angel eyes and blacked out) and am trying to figure out how i can actually have them installed. i dont think i have enough balls to take the first run at it on my own, so hopefully someone who has done it before might be willing to help. there is a case in it for you if you decide to help. i'll do the work, this way i can learn and do it on my own after.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    I have a friend who painted, cost him $20 for supplies (spray paint for wheels). Lasted 2-3 years in Chicago salt and then started to chip a little. If you're thinking short term, it came out looking nice.

Long term - I'd powdercoat - that's big $$ and for all the trouble might be better off buying new wheels. Just my two cents.

Angel eyes - Buy an extra pair of headlights for $100 or so on ebay, ship them here: http://www.lightwerkz.net/prod_infiniti.htm

You can then just take it to almost any mechanic and have him remove the front bumper and swap headlights. Infiniti will do it but they won't reconnect the lights do to "liability" issues.

I think Humberto is helping Fellow members out as well.

3. OP
    OP
    gchristopher9

gchristopher9 Member

i have no problem taking the spare headlights apart and painting and installing angel eyes on my own. my issue is with taking the bumper off. if i could get someone in this area who has already done it to help me out, that would be money. maybe at a meet! haha

otherwise i'm gonna end up at some dope mechanic who is probably going to F up my bumper that is actually getting painted at the dealer tonight

4. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Taking the Bumper off is not that hard after a while..

I will try to make a write up for it when I take my car apart again...

It's real simple... if you want PM me your phone number and when you are ready I can walk you throught it on the phone once you get set up.

5. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    There is a pdf file for the removal of the front bumper. It should be in the 'how to' section. If not, I will post it up here tonight.

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Here it is....

bumper.jpg

Attached Files: