Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Wheel Opinion

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Keemo, Nov 27, 2007.

1. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I'm trying to set up wheels, spacers and springs to be installed in spring.

I'm only stuck on the style of wheel to choose. Here are two I really like.

What is everyone's opinion on them?

A or B?

A
    Wheel1.jpg

B
    oz_botticelli_black_ci3_l.jpg

Thanks.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I likey A. I think they are custom wheels as in offset to your needs so spacers wouldn't really be needed.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    +1 A

4. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I agree on option A.. Plus if you ever do decide to upgrade you disk brakes and put some color on your calipers the look would be great...

Option B is more for a Ricer car...

5. OP
    OP
    Keemo

LOL , I definately dont want to look like a Rice Rocket.

That's very interesting on the custom offset so I can avoid spacers. I would want to get as flush as possible, but don't want to have to worry about rubbing or trimming anything just for simplicity sake. I'm thinking 22x9.5 or so w/ 285/35/22. What kind of offset should be looked at for that combo? And if I wanted a staggered lip look, would I have to worry about spacers in the front to make them look the same? Dr.2K I really like the look you have!

6. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Keemo, with the specs you are looking at I would think an offset of +30 would be a safe bet without any rubbing issues. Are you dropped? If you are then you can probably go a bit more aggressive to possibly +25 and you would be ok.

My iforge wheels are not staggered they are 10in width all around but they made the lips 3 1/2in front and 4in rear to give it that staggered look with a process I am not familiar with. Hope this helps. O h and ask the manufacturer if the wheels are load rated for the FX. But if the wheels are forged then I would assume they would be fine.

7. OP
    OP
    Keemo

Thanks Doc, I am not dropped yet but will be when the wheels arrive.
    I thought that you couldn't get as agressive with having a drop 'cause it would push them out more. :shame: Please excuse my ignorance, I always find this confusing for some reason.

James

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sorry for the confusion Keemo I meant to say..."If you are NOT dropped..."

You are correct Keemo, but it also has alot to do with the tires you choose for the wheels. If the tires you choose has alot of sidewall bulge then you will have to be more conservative with the wheel offset. So you have to pick and choose wisely.

If you you are going to be dropped and you stick with those specs then my suggestion is to not go above +30 offset. With the 285/35/22 tires on 22x9.5 wheels you will be safe from rubbing with the +30 offset. I had to shave some of my wheels well trim as I was rubbing alot with my current specs of 22x10 on 305/35/22.

9. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Keemo I am runing on 22 x 9.5 with 265/35/R22 and I don't have any problems with rubbing on any of my tires..

Yet, I am going to use a 10MM spacer in the front and a 15MM spacer in the back. My current setup does not look good. This will give me a more flush look

This should give you a better Idea...

See what I mean...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    My wheels should come out more and when they do I will not need to worry about any rubbing issues. You might want to go with the 285/35/22 or 20 set up so you wont run into this problem.. it will make your wheel look more flush than mine..

Just my 2 cents...

10. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    A as well. And yes, try to avoid spacers if necessary.

11. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I like A also. I don't like the studs though... however it does look a lot better than B regardless.

12. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Id pick A over B

13. OP
    OP
    Keemo

I guess it's pretty much a shut out! :LOL:

Thanks for all the input guys, you're awesome!

Berto, those pix really help to get a feel for what it looks like on the road. It will make such a difference w/ spacers on. I will definately go w/ 285/35/22. Thanks.

Now all I have to do is pay for Xmas then the wheel fund and specifics begin.

14. humberto what offset do you have in your wheels? are you running the eibach springs? and if your wheels would be availbale in 22x10.5 would you still need spacers for the rear?

:iS:

15. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    I have to chime in with my personal thoughts=) go 265/40/22, you want the biggest sidewall to protect the wheel and ride:LOL:

16. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    +1, that's closer to stock overall diameter as well...

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

+1 on A......reminds me of my MODS hahaha

18. OP
    OP
    Keemo

If I went that way, would it be harder to get them out a bit more flush with the fenders? Although that definately sounds good.

19. OP
    OP
    Keemo

[​IMG]

Does anyone know what Shady JC is running? Are those 40's or 35's? This is the look I would like to achieve.

20. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    Hi Keemo - you're buying new wheels. Just be sure as everyone said to buy the right offset to be flush. I don't suggest buying tires to make it become flush. If your wheels are flush, no need to worry about the tires.

Getting the closest to OEM diameter removes any issues with faster/slower speedo readings, etc...

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

Ours are 8" wheel OEM 40mm offset. Mine are going to be 9" with 15mm offset. This means it's 12 mm more inner clearance (important to clear calipers) and extended 38 mm more than the oem wheel. This means it's very aggressive (sticks out a lot). I don't suggest this much unless you want it, as you'll have to shave/roll your fenders.

I would think 20-30mm more than oem would be good. Rookie is king of wheels so might want to ask him when you get it down to your final choice/size/offsets.

Axis Titan Black, Polished Lip 22"x9" +15 Offset - InfinitiScene.com