Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Wheel design I like...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by trainerKEN, Oct 14, 2007.

1. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I'm just wondering if any of you guys know of any other brands that make a wheel like this... this particular wheel is by Redbourne... they don't offer a lug patter that caters to us... (basically only Range Rovers). I really like that design... I don't see myself getting new wheels too soon... but I'm just thinking ahead... cuz, I think I'm eventually will go 22"s

[​IMG]

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
  3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    ifimola.jpg

View attachment 127838

estoril_black_beauty_pop_white.jpg

Here are a couple i found but the HRE is a perfect match for what you are looking for and make it to your specs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  4. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I'm almost afraid to ask... what would a set of HRE's with tires cost (ball park)?

5. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    22's?

If so, then I would say depending on the finish approx. $1,400-$1,600 a piece for just the wheels. Tires will run you about another $800-$1,200 depending on the wheel choice.

But look at this site for more wheel selections.

http://www.d2autosport.com/D2_2006/06_Wheels/index.html

6. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Ouch!
    but looks great
    How many back ya gotta rub to pay that bill :LOL:

7. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I, actually, really like that TSW wheel... I don't like rivets unless they are REAL multi-piece wheels... (even though I know they ARE real on the HRE's, I just don't think they would be in my budget). Dr. do you know the model name or number on that TSW? I looked on that site... but they didn't have that particular wheel under TSW.

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  9. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I know... I was just going to comment on that too... too bad, cuz... I think one of my friends has some kind of connection with TSW... I guess they are local (Huntington Beach). Oh well... again, it's not like I'm going to get new wheels anytime soon... I'm just looking, thinking ahead... I don't want to jump into anything like I did with the wheels I have now... I mean... I actually get a lot of compliments on them, but... I think 22's would be SICK.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    22's are prefect fit for the FX and it should of came that way in the first place and lowered too, lol. I has 20's for about 10 months but regretted that i didn't get 22's the minute after they were installed.

11. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

ugh! I think being a member in the forum is costing me $$$ (and I mean that in a good way :rofl: )

12. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I still vote Alex's volks as best look & performance . . . & those were only 19's!

13. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Hahah Pierce, you're getting greedy! FX stock with 22's!!! The world was amazed that a cross over suv was coming out with stock "20's" when the FX hit the market=)

But I'm glad they came with stock 20's because they made our overall OEM diameter quite large (about 30.5") which makes it easy for us to have still a thick sidewall with 22's. I'm not sure how this compares with other cars/suv's but my friend who has 22's on his SUV has the OEM diameter, and he has like 1" of sidewall. Looks like rubber bands.

14. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    I'm in the same boat as you Ken, I want to go to 22's some day and the ONLY aftermarket rim I'd consider isn't made in 22... 20x8.5 and 20x9.5 but no 22's.

The EXE Konkave, I've had my eye on them since I saw them on that N2MURANOS guy's FX...

They're offering, or soon offering, most of their wheels in 22's except for that one, so I just sent an e-mail asking if the Konkave's will ever be available in 22's.

15. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
  16. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes, Dave I really like volks too but I really didn't like the red striping on Alex's wheels but loved the look and color.

And one can always dream right Ed =)

17. OP
    OP
    trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I agree with the Doc. about 22's and lowering... but I think the car makers DON'T do it for the mpg's and maybe ride quality... They don't want to hear it for the car reviews saying the ride's too stiff, or the bigger wheels going to use up more breaks blah blah blah... so the car makers leave it up to the buyers to do aftermarket stuff (maybe?)

18. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Those are pretty nice looking. I like how they're weird and not the norm ya know? I've seen the same style of rim done over and over again, but you don't see many turbine-looking rims or whatever you'd call the ones I like.

19. That was some sick wheels...if I knew I'd be keeping my FX, I'd have bought them from Alex...dang it.