Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

What went wrong with your FX today?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Dracula, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Dracula

Dracula Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    Gf's mom asked if she can use my car to run to the store yesterday. I went fishing... Today during daylight, noticed deep leather tear/ scratch through upper driver seat, corner area! pictures coming up!
    Why the fuck would you take your puppy with you to the fukn store!?
    She freakn put me on the spot so yes i coulnt say no when she asked.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. GetLuckiFX

GetLuckiFX Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 Infiniti FX45
    Adam
    Garages:
    Ouch!! I feel ya!! My M-in-L took my other car ... came back with the front bumper hanging, she drove over a curb and then backed up ripping the whole thing off ,... ahhh I was so happy :). Ever since then I had no problem saying No with a smile on my face .... Hey and I always say, could be worse ...

3. wasabi

wasabi Guest

My brother wrecked my FX a while back. It wasn't that bad, but I still have a very noticible crack and a piece of my front bumper cover missing in the middle. Looks like someone took a bat and swung at my front bumper. Still need to replace it. Sigh.

4. This is a good thread!... luckily nothing went wrong with mine today. :smug: but i do have a nasty NYC souvenir on the rear right wheel well. My Stepdad took it for work one day cause his car was in the shop, so when he was parking it, "accidentaly" hit a metal pole?... or so he said. He assured me he was going to fix it, im still waiting:confused.:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  5. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    that sucks, hate those things that may be small but are also irreparable... but this is def the beginning of a long thread I bet, "what went wrong with your fx today?"

Obsedian likes this.
  6. Bklynjohn718

Bklynjohn718 Premium Member Premium

Brooklyn New York/Queens
    2007 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Damn i feel for you bro. I'm way to attached to my FX to let someone else drive it. You put so much work into your ride to have it the way you do and to just let someone else drive your hard work and ruin it over something silly itches me the wrong way. I know they have innocent intentions just to borrow it to go wherever, but there is always that "you never know" thought in your head.

7. mbarb15

mbarb15 Member

Lyndhurst, NJ
    Garages:
    I cringe at the thought of anyone driving my fx, my girl is afraid to even ask me cuz she knows the answer is mostly likely gonna be followed by a no loll.. I told her only if her car is absolutely non running or at the shop

8. jdTrader

jdTrader Staff Moderator

Michigan
    2009 FX50S
    Garages:
    sucks man

9. Ge0rge

Ge0rge Member

PA
    2008 FX35 AWD
    And you didn't put her on the spot about the damage? It's not like she borrowed your Pinto.

10. OP
    OP
    Dracula

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    thanks everyone, i couldnt put her on the spot because i didnt see her after that, noticed this today with my gf. She (gf) was actually upset that she brought a dog into my car, she knows how anal i am about scratches or interior wear.
    My gf confronted her, she was very sorry and offered to fix it with those leather touch up stuff. Basically putting a band aid over it, anyone know if it actually works??

11. sir21

sir21 iS VIP iS VIP

PNW
    2005 Ford Excursion
    Garages:
    Pulling into garage. Daughter distracts me and I bump into the shelf with the front bumper. 1/8" think and 7" long paint crack/scuff smack in the middle of the bumper! :(

12. jdTrader

jdTrader Staff Moderator

Michigan
    2009 FX50S
    Garages:
    I had a deep scratch once in my previous car. You have to mix colors to match your leather...I had tan interior so i was really hard to match. It actually filled the scratch pretty well and after it dried was smooth, but I could still see it very obvious to me because it was a slightly different shade. If you have black interior, might work well! depends on where it's at too. Buy a good set, do some research, take your time....that's all you can really do.

13. GetLuckiFX

GetLuckiFX Premium Member Premium

Hollywood, CA
    2004 Infiniti FX45
    Adam
    Garages:
    On the black you won't tell the difference, it matches well.
    but post pics so we can see ...

14. matrixx860

matrixx860 Ghost Rider Premium

Wolcott, Ct.
    2012 Nissan Maxima SV
    Joey
    Garages:
    Thats why nobody and I mean nobody drives my baby but me! Not my wife, not my brother, not my mother, I mean nobody!!! I dont have a problem saying no. :bomb:

15. zebra555

zebra555 www.tuner-store.com iS VIP

Miami
    2004 Infiniti FX35 Supercharged
    Garages:
    ^Same here, just a simple no, I don't like to drive friends personal cars also...

16. matrixx860

matrixx860 Ghost Rider Premium

Wolcott, Ct.
    2012 Nissan Maxima SV
    Joey
    Garages:
    I agree, my brother is always telling me to take his maxima and I always tell him no.

17. OP
    OP
    Dracula

Hollywood, CA
    2004 FX35 RWD
    Andy
    Garages:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Special K

Special K Member

Dallas, TX
    Garages:
    I am not allowed to drive my husband's truck... none of them! It is funny to see the lengths he will go to to avoid any situation where I may need to drive it for some reason. I have no problem with him driving mine but he won't because of the vanity plates.

19. I would rather rent my S/O or relative a car than have them take the FX. No way.

20. Ge0rge

Ge0rge Member

PA
    2008 FX35 AWD
    My wife is as far as it goes for letting others drive it.