Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

What should i do next?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by brown_fv, Oct 11, 2007.

1. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

hey guys, this might belong in the FX performance section although it might also involve some other parts so i brought it here.

since school started up again i have been on my hustle at my own personal venture (dont worry im not selling drugs) and i have built up a good amount of cash...i have already put a lot away for savings (personal and my F/I fund ;)) and i have some spare cash so i thought id get some mods.

i have around $800-900 to spend and im just wonder what your opinions are on what i should do next (keep in mind installation costs)

i was thinking i could either do:

1.Nismo exhaust (including g35 extension and welding) + install - a used system plus the install would probably run me around $900 Canadian.

2. A set of sport tails, H&R springs, and 15mm spacers + install - all that would probably run me around $850 including installation...all show and no go.

3. Sound system - i was thinking for now i could run a sub encloser with 2 10" subs and an amp with the encloser looking something like ShadyJC's.

4. i dont know :shame:

any suggestions on what i should do? i really want H&R springs and spacers but i also want a decent performance mod to add...any suggestions on that? Thanks :iS: (btw i just ordered some small stuff like bat overlays and fog light overlays (too cheap for new fog lights LOL)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Depending on the type of F/I you are saving for I would purchase supporting mods for the F/I.

Or

Tails, Springs, and Spacers...... that would go with any type of F/I.

3. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

i want springs and spacers for sure...just not sure about the 3rd mod.

i just got my UR stock size pulley installed today and i love it. gains feel better then when i added my spacer.:LOL:

4. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

I agree w/the springs.

Is NISMO the best option if you want f/i? Or would Stillen true dual be better? I dont know.

But the springs and spacer would add a more agressive look plus better handling to handle all the extra power you're throwing at it.

If I was in your position, it'd be the springs and spacers.

5. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Thanks! yeah im 100% set on spacers and springs, i think ill order them on monday.

i was told by Alex @ VTR that the nismo exhaust would be ideal for the turbonetics kit. a true dual kit would require creating a reverse y-pipe from the downpipe to accommodate the true dual system and i dont believe the turbonetics kit creates that much power to make it necessary...the 3" piping will do just fine.

maybe i will just stick with the springs + spacers for now then around christmas time get the nismo exhaust :LOL:

6. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Now that I think of it, you're right about the reverse Y!:shame: NISMO Sounds great w/ no f/i....I'm looking forward to hearing it with f/i.

How much is the turbonetics kit running $$$? Is it something that most good performance shops can install?

7. H&R Springs are Sweet!!!! I love how it rides...so good. About the spacers, you sure you want to stay with 15mm? You might want to go with 20mm at least. I used to run 20mm and never had a problem, and now running 25mm, looks really great but I do get rubbing in the back going over good size bumps, but pretty much no issues just driving around. If you are going to get the exhaust, why don't you get HKS like rookie has on his ride? Looks sick, performs well.

8. Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

Min: rookie has a 3" Greddy now...

i will add my opinion to this thread in the morning when i can think;)

9. I meant GReddy :) sorry

10. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

Everyone here has said to go with 20mm so i guess ill go with 20mm instead of 15mm:biggrin:. as for the exhaust, i really like the nismo because it still looks really stock to some extent plus its not too much louder. the greddy is very obvious to tell you are modded and im trying to keep a low profile. the titanium tips on the greddy exhaust look killer tho

11. Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

you will love the springs and i have to install my 20mm spacers too, just too damn lazy:wub:

12. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

are you gonna install them yourself? i heard its pain in the ass to do lol
    hey what ever happened to those 22s you had?

13. Krayzie

Krayzie Aérospatiale

i still have them, they are just sitting there LOL. :rofl:

and i dont know yet, i might get them installed or do it myself. I asked a while back and they wanted $60 per wheel+ tax:err:

14. OP
    OP
    brown_fv

DAMN. i hope i can get a cheaper price than that lol. my springs are going to be $50 a wheel. if my spacers are $60 a wheel ill be spending more on the install as i paid for the parts. :mad: