Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

What Movie(s) are you playing in your Fx's

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Deecarp, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    For those with Video what movie are you playing in your FX, mine is stomp the yard! Hopefully it will still be there when I pick my car up from Oakland. removed the face plate and forgot the movie in the player.... it should good but you never know....

FXlightinstallpics009.jpg

Last edited: Aug 18, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I hardly watch movies in the FX. Only when my son is in it and we are on a decent length drive. Usually we takes the wifes GX470 on any long trips which has a DVD entertainment system and is a lot more comfortable for those long road trips. This is my DVD movie collection http://www.invelos.com/dvdcollection.aspx/pscdoc. These are all backed onto my hard drives. Now have to start a separate Blue Ray collection.

3. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Dee - I didnt think anyone actually bought that movie, some of my friends at work saw it and said it was terrible, but I never got a chance to watch it.

Doc - Thats an impressive collection, I have about 450 in my collection. I havent gone with Blu-ray or HD DVD yet though.

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    The only DVD I have in the car right now is "Cars".

But yup, Blu-Ray and HD-DVD is hot...luckily I have both with my Xbox360 and PS3. (Just one of the many benefits of having a 10yr old son)

5. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

i never got around to getting the HD-DVD player for my xbox360...is it worth it?

6. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Doc, that is a hell of a collection of movies, I'd really enjoy watching those. and as for Blue ray movies I'm amazed at the overall quality. Now I'll have to get with you to keep me computer saavy. cause you really have a nice set up. just got and old system upgraded by a friend who put my desk top in a nice caase but that is a nother thread.

Hey P, I didn't get it for the acting for sure, I still think its an ok movie. the world of stepping was something to see along with some of the dance screen was almost right on to what blk greeks do though, so it was ok. Ms Good was worth looking at too. Dammmmm

Jeff, I know i don't play video games but I'm seriously thinking about the PS3 for the fact of getting the ability to play blue ray, music, internet etc or just wait for the price of BR players to go down. Hey Jeff is there anything you can feel me in on about that PS3 cause most of what I hear is second hand from folks that don't own a PS3.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yes definitely a PS3 would be worth getting if you play alot of games and because of its ability to play blue ray. But blue ray players are coming down in price really fast. By christmas it will probably be around $300-400. You can get the sony BR player now for about $500. But no sense in getting a BR player if your current TV does not have native 1080P capability.

Jeff, its nice to to be able to tell the wife, 'honey I think our son deserves a ____________ (PS3, Wii, xbox360, psp, nintendo ds, etcc....) for his birthday/christmas :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

I remember my video games as a child was a coleco intellivision, which was awesome at the time. How times have changed.

8. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Any High Def player is worth it, just not sure on who will win the format wars. The quality is superb compared to dvd. Yes the PS3 is worth it just for the ability to do two things (games/blu-ray).

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Funny - I just went out to Best Buy and picked up an Xbox 360 Elite. So I guess I will have to start buying HD dvds.

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Just remember tho that HD DVD is 1080i and not 1080p. Most of the older flat panel TV's have the 1080i capability so HD dvd's will play very nicely on them. But to get the BEST overall picture quality 1080p is the tops but only now flat panel TV's are coming out with this ability. Mind you that there are no 1080p sources(except for BR) on cable or sat right now and there probably will be none offered for a while. But TV manufacturers and the retailers try and push this onto the consumers and say it is for future-proofing(only way to sell these expensive sets), but that future is still along ways away.

11. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    HD-DVD is 1080p also.

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Whoops, I have not kept up with HD DVD news updates, my bad. But it initially was 1080i but I guess they had no choice but to update it as 1080p does give a better overall picture especially on the big screens.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2007
  13. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    Damn.. Big Baller..

14. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Nah just money left over cuz I didnt pay for 2 extra cylinders in my FX :cool:

15. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    Did you get the HD-DVD add-on with your 360? The 360 itself does not play hd-dvd's.

16. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Curious...Jeff, does the xbox 360 HD-DVD player have a direct HDMI connection to the TV or does it connect to the xbox360 and from there connects to the TV thru HDMI? The new elite xbox 360 has the HDMI connect but the older 360's do not and can only connect by component or composite.

17. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Funny - I thought the Elite package came with it. I guess not, its just black and has HDMI and bigger hard drive - damn it! I guess I'm staying with Standard dvds - :frown:

18. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The price is pretty cheap at $189.00, you should pick one up Will.

19. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    The HD-DVD player connects through a usb port on the back of the 360(also you can connect the HD-DVD player to your computer if you don't have a 360). The elite has the HDMI and for the older models you can use VGA for 1080p.

20. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I'll wait - my console is black and it would look retarded with a white piece on it.