Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

What is that an '08?

Discussion in 'QX70 Chat' started by Frankiago, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    :LOL:

I waxed and flat out detailed the exterior of the FX last night, and today while I was coming out of Subway, a guy was lookin at the ass end of the FX checkin it out he's like "Don't worry man I ain't tryin to steal it I'm just lookin!"

Then later he asks me if it's an '08 and I kinda smiled and said nah it's an '03. He's like maaan you take gooood care of it.

My secret: Armor-all on all the black trim, makes it look BRAND NEW :p

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I get that a lot too... in fact when I got mine (also 03') in March... I left the dealer/ad plate over the existing plate, and people really thought it was a new 07' FX45... When I'd tell them it was a used 03' they were all in disbelief... I was like... "...okay, as a personal trainer... I make decent monay, but NOT THAT decent...."

But right now... nothing's doing much for the fading trim... Infiniti of Mission Viejo has ordered the replacement but it's been almost 2 weeks, and I haven't heard from them.

3. yea i get that... except for my dents... -_- i use mothers wax

4. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    The fading trim over the top of the doors? We replace those all the time under warranty. We even stock all four of them.:LOL:

5. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    What if we're outside of warranty? Even though this is a known defective trim piece?

If y'all will replace them for me I'll make a trip :p

6. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Well no, not if you are outside of warranty unfortunately. There was a string of them about a year ago here where we were doing it on an FX every couple days. Unfortunately if there isn't an actual recall on it we can't do it out of warranty.

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

that reminds, I have to call Mission Viejo Infiniti today, they "supposedly" ordered them for me, but its been over a month :rolleyes:

8. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Sounds like a load of crap to me. I just checked status on them and they are not on backorder. They are available out of our local PDC over here. I dunno how they work it on the West Coast, but here on the East Coast (GA) we can get them in 2 business days.

9. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    So would it cost over a grand to have them swapped since I waited too long?

I can't stand that a known problem isn't a free swap regardless of warranty status. If this somehow violated the car's structural integrity, you know it'd be a recall in a heartbeat. But if it violates the car's aesthetic integrity, it's no big deal :p

Oh well, maybe I'll just get them painted.

10. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Well the parts are a little over $400, so the dealership you are talking to is charging you $600 in labor? I haven't checked with our service dept, but that sounds a bit steep. I dunno what is involved in changing them, but it doesn't look THAT hard.:confused:

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    the hardest part is the rear qtr glasses, there glued in & are a pain to change... the rest of the moldings aren't that big of a deal, but the time adds up at over $100 an hour:)

12. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    I thought he was talking about the molding at the top of the 4 doors? I don't think they are glued in.

EDIT: I just asked one of my techs and he said Customer Pay for all for doors was about 3 hours. At our rate that is about $375. There is treachery a foot! :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

okay, so this what happened... lemme rewind back to a couple weeks ago. I was waiting for them to call me (because they said they would when the order got in), but I didn't hear from them... I called them, the service dept. transferred me to the parts dept. at which time we (the parts guy and I) realized that nothing had been done. From the tone of my voice, he figure'd that was annoyed so he said... "call me Monday or early next week, and the part(s) should be in..." Well, I totally forgot due to some family crysis.

...anyway, that was a couple weeks ago... then I read this thread earlier and it reminded me... I called, and they have it. I'm taking it in Wednesday... the gal that was doing the appointments didn't know how long it's going to take so she made arrangements for a loaner... I'm really hoping I get a newer G35 this time...

and sorry Cube, didn't mean to highjack this thread...

14. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Almost every one of our loaners now is an 07 G35 Journey Package Sedan, except for our 3 QX56s. Request an 07 Loaner. Make up some BS about thinking about buying one and you wanting to try it out. I bet they give you one. We do here.;)

15. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    $775 is near a grand :p

No problem Ken, it is slightly on topic as that's the only way to tell I have a crusty ol' '03!

16. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Near a grand and over a grand are two different things.:p

My tech also said that they pretty much just snap in. Sounds easy.;)

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:

oh, yeah, I was considering the black moulding around the rear quarter window as part of this too:shame:

18. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Does that one usually fade too? I haven't noticed, mainly because I don't own an FX.:frown:

19. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    ok, now to contribute some on topic too, a few weeks ago I brung my fx into the dealership & the service writer didn't belive it was an 03, he asked to see the registration even to confirm, but I should also ad that I changed all my exterior trim bumper & grille to the new design, & the vin comes up silver but it's black now:)

afterwards he told me he at first he thought it might be a tag job or something, but he never woulda guessed it was really an 03:LOL:

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:

they kinda do to from what I've heard, my 03 still has good moldings though, so I'm not too sure...