Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

What does your Audio system look like? post your Audio set-ups here...!!

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by Deecarp, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Deecarp's Audio install updated pics for BB... What's in your ride

Hey ladies & gents,

I know some of you have really nice stereo set ups. If you do, post'em here so that we can see. Fiberglass boxes, ported boxes, sealed, additional head unit installs. What ever you have post them up for us to see. I'm working on something and I just wanted to see what is out there.
    Got beats...!!!! Show us what's banging....

It do what it do baby...!!!

Here is the start of my install, test and dry fit. More pictures to follow

Last edited: Jul 23, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I thought I replied to this thread?

My set up is pretty simple, all the guys tell me it's the most docile part of my ride right now. Hope to spice it up a bit in the next few weeks.
    suede_1.jpg

Attached Files:

3. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I like your set up nice and clean. I'm trying to do the same thing, to be nice and clean. the wildiest I'm getting is the glass box. now here is some questions for you. is your interior suede? and is your system wired separetly from the facory system or is it tied into you factory unit. If I can't get the Pac module soon I'll have to wire it separetly. any suggestions?

4. rookie

Yes, interior was done in suede. The raised floor area was carpet but I got retarded with the interior panels and did just about every one of them.

I'm running a new headunit and not using the oem one at all. Originally it did have the PAC input from the new Alpine head unit.

I did it in 2 phases.

New Alpine headunit, nav and ipod kit.

New amps, speakers, subs and stopped using the aux in on the oem head unit.

5. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Ok, cool. I'm getting the engine noise trying to through the factory system. it is a pain in the butt. now, when you did have the pac unit did you have any problems? I was even thinking about using a selector switch so that I could use the full features of my head unit and hopfully eliminate that problem as well. I'll have to see,still in the begining stage doing it myself and since I don't have alot of time I have to do most things when I'm off work.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 29, 2007
  6. rookie

I didn't have any engine noises using the aux input to the oem headunit. I think Johnmax would be the best resource for the FX audio/video system.

7. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I installed the pac unit last night b4 going to work an the engine noise is gone. boy was I happy about that. I was able to use some jumper lines from the back of the head unit video out, to the factory rear video and that way I now get sound from the factory system when I use the FHU feature. I'm now able to start wiring up the video in head rest and visor. my last stage will be to fleece, resin, glass, bondo and paint and all should be complete. So I'll try to get as much done b4 work tonight and off the rest of the weekend to finsih up most else

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  8. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    More updated shots, Head rest and visor monitor. fiber glassed the box and beveled the edges and primed. almost complete...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2007
  9. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Not really a system but a lilliput and a mac mini (relocated stock screen)

6.jpg

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      499 bytes
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      499 bytes
      Views:
  10. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I always liked that set you have though. can't wait to get to Cali we'll hook up and get together, you still thinking about that STS system?

Attached Files:

• 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      499 bytes
      Views:
    • 6.jpg
      6.jpg
      File size:
      499 bytes
      Views:
  11. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Finishing touches still to come

I'm 94% done with the install, still have to complete my ashtray IPOD install, complete the tuning, and move my tweeter down to the door panel. put touch up paint the amps and hopefully I'll be complete.

wow the picture are way big soI'll make themsmall and repost this...

FXstereoinstallpics1030.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1031.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1032.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1033.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1020.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1029.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1018.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1018.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1014.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1009.jpg
    FXstereoinstallpics1024.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  12. rookie

Looking good. :D

I like the glassing over the center console, the led on the sub looks cool too.

Did you list your gear yet?

13. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    No I hadn't listed the gear yet.I just resized the pics for posting so that the photos are easier tolook at. I didn't like the head unit poking out of the brushed metal so I decide to paint. I saw something like this before but with a screen in place instead of a head unit. So I gave it a shot, it looks better in person though.

14. rookie

Yeah the clarion doubledin was the one done down there as well. It looks good painted, especially since your interior is graphite. How's it sounding?

15. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Right now its very clean, once the sub warms up I have to tone it down slightly. So my plan today is increase the mid and highs just a hair. Turn down the sub for better staging. The PG Elite 12" is design for SPL in a ported box, but it has nice SQ in a sealed box. It's a large piece, which requires 1000 watts rms to run properly; I'm running 1200 to it, and 550 watts to the mids and highs (3rd Amp in the wheel well w/battery). The Head unit is the JVC KD-AVX11, a compact unit. Blue tooth ready, mp3, divx, sat, IPOD, DVD, everything except NAV. I had a flip out unit b4 and just didn't have much luck with the unit. My other project is to install 2 5" computer fans 1 to suck in cool air and the other pull out hot to help resolve any possible heat issues over long periods of play.

16. they look great guys! good job!

17. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Nice work Deecarp! I have to also do something more with my audio soon.

18. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Thanks Doc, well I'll be in Cali next month, moving is not my cup of tea. but, if there is anything I can do to help let me know. its hard work but the end result is what we look fwd too. I'm happy now, it just took a few weeks b/c of working the real job in between the hobby.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2007
  19. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Cool! Hope to perhaps meet up with you at one of the socal meets. You are headed to socal, right?

20. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    No I'm headed to North Cal but I'm sure I'll be making a few trips down your way to check out all the socal rides.