Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] What about a scene Calender

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Deecarp, Dec 4, 2007.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    This is just a thought and I realize it takes some money to do, But there are some folks here on the scene that have a pretty good eye behind the camera lens. We also have some really good photo shots of rides of the month. Over the last few months I'm sure these pics, if not all would make great shots for a calender. May be someone could put it together, take them to local shows pedal them off for a few bucks and maybe we could put those funds to use towards something ie...web site, annual scene cook out etc... just a thought.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Sounds like a nice idea Dee. But the only person I can think of that has graphics talent is out own resident PS Guru Mr. GTO-Dave. Lets see what he has to say. But if someone else is also willing or good with graphics and PS then that would great too. We could possibly put those funds to use in a big National Meet maybe? Who knows.

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Doubt anyone would buy it . . then again, could be sold at Infiniti dealerships :p

iphoto has a decent calendar maker. We could deff. make one for people to order here on the website. I like the idea. Rides of the month are cool, but those are not high enough res.

4. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    True I understand the photos aren't high res, that is just a minor problem right? I think the dealer idea is or would be a starting point. I also know like everyone here that the FX does turn heads. Here we are a lil ahead of the daily type driving folks, and we see beauty in the design of the ride. I think letting other see what we see, especially with talent of people here. I can say I'm always amazed at what members do whether if it your PS photos Dave, or Doc's, Ken, Krayzie photo taking, Viet's FX, Jeff's FX... we have some great things here so lets try to get them out to the masses.... Sounds like a board meeting or something...anyway lets try something small or pass the idea around here on the scene and see what we get.

5. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Dave, how much high res. should it be? 10mp? We don't have to make a large calender we can do a small one too. But the res hurdle is not a big one if we really want to do something like this. Its actually starting and finishing that is the hurdle.

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Low Res happens to be a major problem when it comes to printing. I'm sure we have enough Hi Res to put 12 or 13 months together though.

People, if you want to start posting your submissions, link a Web Resolution over at this link, but only if you have a Hi, or Semi-Hi res copy of the submission. Then we can discuss & narrow down what we want to use.

This is gonna be fun

IS 2008 Calendar - InfinitiScene.com

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

what if there were really hawt chicks in the calendar (with the FXs, that is...)? :p

8. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Since this Cal will be photo printed, Nothing less than 2048 x 1536 should work out fine.
    That would be equiv to something like 3.2mp.

No Blurry, Highly Over or Under exposed Crap please. It will not even be considered, unless of course, it's real artsy & has a good FX flavor.

9. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Sounds good Dave, hopefully there will be a good turn out of pics. I'm excited to see what you get. Can you define hi-res shot for us non camera buffs...on average how many pixel is considered hi-res, or how much space is utilized w/hi-res shots?

Never mind question answered

10. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:

Absofrickinlutely Ken.
    Chix gotta be hotter than hell though.:rofl:

11. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Ken, now that would be the best! Best looking chick along side a FX gets the cover :p:LOL:!!!!

12. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl

No Fair all the really good looking women are in the south from what I saw...

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

we're gonna have to have Berto's g/f (Maya) make some "arrangements" :biggrin:

14. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

Ja ja... You never know..

15. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Quick & Dirty iphoto. We can adjust fonts, no. of photos per page, create our own inserts, & of course add our own event dates, meets, Bdays, etc.

Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  16. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I like what you did Dave... I am especially biest to the one picture on the lower right..

This is such a great Idea Dee...

17. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    That's a nice fast and dirty prelim Dave. I think the larger pictures are better tho. So now lets see what pictures we can get.

18. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
  19. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Hey Dave the prelim is really nice, you are the Man! Wow that is Great! I told you we have some talent and some bad azz FX's here....Thanks Dave

20. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I guess it times to whip out my Zaino and crank up the Pixels on my new Camera.....:LOL: