Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Warranty?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by INFINITEEFX45, Dec 20, 2007.

1. i just bought my FX used and obtained a manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty. although everything seems fine (**knock on wood**), ive been driving it for about a month and about 1,600 miles so far; there seems to be no problems that I have seen or experienced. Seeing that i purchased this vehicle from an infiniti dealer and obtained ALL vehicle records- previous owner drove cross country, but ALWAYS brought the car in for scheduled maintenance to infiniti dealers across the US. Furthermore, according to the vehicle repair records provided to me by the dealership, ALL recalls have been completed.

My question to you all is whether or not i should keep the one year warranty i purchased from infiniti (which seems to only cover things on "mechanical breakdown"- too much fine print in the agreement that i was sent; almost makes me feel like i paid for nothing!) OR, should i request a refund of this warranty?

Also, if you all dont mind posting, please let me know your mileage on your FX and what HUGE mechanical issues you have run across. Thanks.

Any feedback would be grrrrrrrreat! ;):wub:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    2003 FX35 @ 70,653 miles I had a huge mechanical malfunction - destroyed a piston and had bits of it in my oil pan and in my lower intake manifold. Don't worry, it was supercharged without a tune :shame:

I know what you mean by the warranty... I have a similar issue w/ a recent car purchase of mine.

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I didn't know that they sold 1 year warranties...

but anyway, I too... have an 03'/45 I bought it this past March. The original warranty was still good until last month... I DID ended up buying another 3years/36k before it got expired... it's just simply more peace of mind.

I haven't had any major mechanical problems... just some fading trimming issues, which they replaced... under warranty of course. The day I picked up my FX, it had 30,015 miles, it just flip'd 40k mile a couple days ago... I was averaging about 1k miles/month, but I've been driving back and forth a lot lately to see my dad in L.A. so I've been racking up more miles lately.

4. OP
    OP
    INFINITEEFX45

INFINITEEFX45 Member

where exactly was the fading occuring on the car?

5. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    The Black trim on the all through out the Doors

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    55k on my '05 FX45 and no serious issues with engine or tranny. Oil change every 4k miles and only one major service at 35k miles. Very reliable vehicle.

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

yup, and now they're brand spankin' new :)