Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

warping dashboard?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by RideOrDie, Jul 15, 2007.

1. I was wondering if anyone's dash is warping.

I just noticed it today and it looks like there are some slight spots around my air vents and above the radio that seem to be bubbling.

Has anyone ever had this issue?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    What year is your FX?

I have not had any issues with mine. Might want to ask Chi.

3. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

it's an '04. Looks like some people have had probs on the .org. Guess I gotta take 'er in. sigh.

4. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Ouch, for what it's worth, I've been using a sun shade alot

5. mtbfx

mtbfx Member

monterey park
    Garages:
    my 03 dash is fine. just curious if your fx is parked under the sun a lot? def have the dealer check it out.

6. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

I guess I never paid attention to this subject on the org. Any pictures? Having taken out my dash before, I'm actually impressed with the design of the dash. Went back in solid without any creaking or weird noises afterwards. Let us know how it goes.

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I have an 05 and I've noticed a few bubbles around the passenger side vents but Im gonna wait til it gets worst before I take it in. I imagine it would be pretty intrusive for them to replace that.

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I will have to look over my dash now.

9. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

I wouldn't say I park under the sun more than normal. I park in a structure at work and it is kept in the garage at home.

I'll snap a couple pics before the sun goes down.

10. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

here's an example of the driver side vent...this is happening on the passenger side, as well as the top corners of the center vents...

View attachment 120823

View attachment 120825

doesn't look that bad in the photos, but is worse in person.

11. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Yeah that bubbling is not normal. Is it all vents or just a few spots here and there?

12. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I only have it on my passenger side- but not all the way around it. Just on the top part of it.

13. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Looks like a bad glue job.

14. OP
    OP
    RideOrDie

RideOrDie Member

the bubbling is on all the tops of the vents.

15. Any updates on this issue? I've noticed a while back that my dash is full of these bubbling, especially around the edges of vents/speakers. Is it covered under warranty? I hope so because it is really annoying to see/look at.:mad:

16. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

Is there any way moisture from somewhere is getting under and causing it to swell around the edges?

17. FXNW

FXNW Member

I just bought a 20004 FX45. At the time of purchase I noticed the same problem with mine. The dealer agreed to fix it. I am in the process of scheduling the repair and will follow up with everyone once it is repaired. I will take pictures to do a before and after.

18. gmgagne

gmgagne Member

Potomac Falls, VA
    09 FX50S 06 FX45
    Greg
    the same thing happened to my 35 not 45 but i had the whole dash replaced and is perfect now

19. theMerchant

theMerchant iS VIP iS VIP

you guys have a black dash right? seems like most of the defective dashes are black?!

I have willow interior and it still looks good (05)

20. erhan28

erhan28 Member

SWFL
    I have the same issue. I was at my dealer today. It looks like my car has acne. The glue under the dash will mess up with sunlight. The dealer needs to replace the dash. This happens in hot areas. the dealer will be covered under warranty. Don't let them tell you its because of you. The new dashboard will fix it. I have an appointment on Monday. Hope your dealer is friendly.