Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

want to get new brakes. which to buy?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by jbaker1121, Jan 7, 2008.

1. jbaker1121

jbaker1121 Im in touch with humanity iS VIP

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    hey guys,
    i know there are a few other threads on the same subject, but i wanted to see if theres any updates opinions and what not.

i want to get new brakes for my fx35,

i liek the look of the brembo ones, but i don't think they fit on my car....and thats the only brand a really know of.
    basically i want big rotors with either black or red calipers, cuz that loks sick.
    i dont know the performance diffeence between slotted/drilled etc. so i dont really know what my opinion on that is yet.

so what do you say, wanna help me out?

thanks dudes

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I'm pretty sure I've seen a brake kit for the FX @ www.stillen.com But I don't know how well they work...

3. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    yeah ive seen them, and another kit on some random sit ei found. but i wouldnt know how well they work...sot hats why im asking the peeps on IS

4. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

For our FX's i believe there are 2 or 3 companies that make kits for us;

AP Racing
    Rotora
    Stoptech (not sure about this one)

they should come in different sizes, but beware...BBK's cost a lot of money!

5. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    yeah i'm gonna save up for them lol.
    maybe i shouldve invested the money for that into a F/I kit instead.

oh well. but i still want to see whcih ones are the best.

brembo's dont fit , right? cuz those r sick...i liek the look of big rotors with the red calipers though

what size rotors fit on the sport 20's?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2008
  6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    brown is right on all counts. But Stoptech only makes a front kit. There is a brembro kit but only in Japan. All the ones brown mentioned will fit the stock 20's as they were designed for them. But I believe only the Rotora's 4 pot kit will fit the oem 20's cause they do come in larger kits.

7. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    so you think the rotora's are the one to go?
    thanks a bunch man

would u happen to know the name of the brembo ones in japan?
    maybe i can import them haha

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  9. brown_fv

10. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I don't think anyone in the states have them or at least I personally don't know of any. But I guess they work from the looks of the site.

11. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    sounds good to me. thanks for the help guys!

12. maybe the AP -RACING is the best choice, i trust so much in what STILLEN DOES.

13. brown_fv

The AP-racing seems like a pretty good kit, but i for one am not a fan of stillen...i have heard disturbing stories about their customer service; search g35driver or my350z and you will find tons of examples.

14. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    really? the guys at stillen were really nice and helpful when i called up about my intake. maybe they just didnt like those people lol.

15. Let me put my 2cents here. Be very careful about ROTORAs if you're operating your veh. in a harsh climate, like -20 deg Celcius (-4F). I have had ROTORA BBK both front & rear for 2 years now, and every winter, once temps drop to -4F and below - the caliper piston seals start leaking. BAsically - a bust. You cannot drive with those in Winter...

For summer and mid-season though, ROTORAs are excellent brakes... but after two years... I'm fed up with the leaks and fainted paint on the wheels (brake fluid is rather harsh to paint). So for me Rotora turned out to be a disappointment...

16. Speaking of brakes, guys since the BBKs are so much bigger, what is the difference in how far they stick out vs the stocks. I just bought some wheels and the stock calipers were an obstruction problem, so I know the BBKs will be an issue. This would be something to think about when or if you go from the stock 20s. Turbo cleared that up that the offset is one thing to keep in mind, but the wheel design must also be considered.

17. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    It's in the US too ;)
    http://www.tirerack.com/brakes/brak...FX45&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=AWD&perfCode=S

Another site:
    Brembo Gran Turismo Slotted Brake Kit for front.

Slotted:
    http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/6...0A1796743.aspx

Drilled:
    http://www.autoanything.com/brakes/61A2861A0A0.aspx

$3,643.95

Nex Big Brake Kit:

http://www.prostreetonline.com/x/nex-big-brake-kits.asp
    They state only FX35 but I'm sure it fits a FX45 as well:

Infiniti FX35; Specs: Front, 6 Piston, 355mm; 2003-2005; BK-IT11016; $2,094.50
    Infiniti FX35; Specs: Rear, 4 Piston, 330mm; 2003-2005; BK-IT11014R; $1,327.50

18. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Wow you guys barely got thru the rule where you cant bring a thread back alive after 1 year......hahahahaha kidding fellas

19. OP
    OP
    jbaker1121

Westchester, New York
    09 FX50
    Garages:
    i know right :)

20. asherchy

asherchy Premium Member Premium

jbaker threads have different rules.... if we can all jack his threads, then i guess its fair that his threads can be brought back from the dead