Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Vortec Supercharger any info on it that you know of...

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Boost, Track & Tuning' started by Deecarp, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Does anyone know anything about the Vortec supercharger, what is their rep and is there anyone running one on a FX that you know about, any problems, etc... pricing seems fair around 4K...Any info would be appreicated.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

They have a fairly good rep with the G/Z guys.

Type - Centrifugal supercharger
    Engine Management - Split second for timing
    Fuel System - FMU which ups fuel pressure as boost comes on

Upsides.
    Simple installation which can be done by most if not all people. Tapping the oil pan would be the difficult part. Boost is by rpm which is fun if you like to wind out the motor. HP and TQ build as the rpms climb. Upgradeable in many ways so maxing out the kit is not done right away. Relatively affordable as well, will fit AWD/RWD without any issues.

Downsides.
    Some can be fairly noisy at idle, this can be attributed to belts and some of the pulley location/designs. TQ is not boosted up a lot with this type of forced induction, especially down low. This kit may require some additional piping changes since the FX motor is 3-4" back further than the G/Zs.

3. OP
    OP
    Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    Thx, Rook. something I'm looking into. and you are right about the noise I have a friend here with the vortex on a G and he does have belt noise. but man does that thing go. He just couldn't tell me anything I needed to know about the kit. So thx again for the info.

DC

4. rookie

It's CARB legal in California for the G/Zs which is a plus for many people as well.

I think it's a cool kit. If and when I got popped for my TT I will probably throw a Vortech in there.

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Dude - knock on wood.

6. rookie

I did, but I'm not in an imaginary world where I think it's always going to be ok. If I were not widebody and stuff I would be less likely to get popped. I do drive pretty normal though, put my front plate back on as well. My exhaust is stupid loud though. :LOL:

7. Vortech/Paxton needs plumbing for oil, whereas I think some of the other S/C kits like the Procharger are self contained. Not a big deal, but you should be aware that there is one more extra step in the installation process.