Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX45 VB question

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by RiceFX, Sep 21, 2007.

1. RiceFX

RiceFX Member

i have the exhaust and intake so now i feel itchy again.
    i want to fiddle with the transmission so i was thinking about the LVL10 VB kit.
    not sure yet if they infact ship the kits overseas but i was wondering if its a difficult/complicated/delicate job for install. There are not many good techs who know about import cars here in Korea.
    performance wise, does the VB get rid of the "bump" in 1st gear 4k rpm to 2k rpm decelleration when its in manual shift?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    I have the generation 1 VB upgrade from lvl10. The bump from 2nd to 1st is there when you are over 2-2.5k rpm, but not in any other gears. But still you don't want to be downshifting hard when you are that high in the rpm range. I really do enjoy the VB upgrade is it is something I would recommend to anyone with an fx. I heard the 2nd generation VB upgrade is supposed to be even better. I don't know if lvl10 ships to Korea but the upgrade is fairly easy. Basic bolt off and bolt back on once you get it back from lvl10 with new fluids.