Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

V.I.P Toyz Custom Widebody FX45

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by dfd1979, Nov 26, 2007.

1. dfd1979

dfd1979 Member

LA
    Over the last months V.I.P Toyz, located in Southern California, has been fabricating a custom 2006 Infiniti FX45 body kit. The Fiberglass kit is made to bolt on and includes the front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper. Our model is going to have a wide body rear section but the kit is made to a regular body setup. The widebody was molded onto the car and kit after. Let us know what you think. Also we would once again like to state that our kit was inspired by Rookies amazing car but it is very different in its own right. Serious inquires please contact us for pricing.

DSC03066.jpg
    DSC03065.jpg
    DSC03064.jpg
    DSC03063.jpg
    DSC03062.jpg
    DSC03059.jpg
    DSC03058.jpg
    DSC03057.jpg
    DSC03056.jpg
    DSC03055.jpg
    DSC03054.jpg
    DSC03052.jpg
    DSC03051.jpg
    DSC03050.jpg
    DSC03049.jpg
    DSC03047.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. brown_fv

brown_fv Premium Member Premium

Pictures?

3. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    +1 Pictures?

4. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

pics arent coming up.....:frown:

5. need picsss

6. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
  7. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    pics we can view please!

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Man, that FX need some spacers now!

9. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    front fenders need some love also

10. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    I kinda like the kit, spacers are needed though like Doc said. The front should flare out a lil bit more. The rear bumper height is long but I like how it flows around the exhaust tips. all in all its better than I thought it would be. Now how far out is their pricing?

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    it looks ok, I agree the front fenders should be flaired at least enough that they don't have the squarish cutoff at the outer edge... the back is really flaired out there nicely & the front just needs a bit too I think. do you still have the moulding on the front wheel openings? that would hurt it too.

the back is so flared that it makes the wheels look tiny back there too, def don't mean to hate on it, just a little constructive critisizim, overall you did good :)

you really need to get pictures of the kit without the flares too I think, kinda hard to picture what this will look like on an fx as it is available for sale on a reg install.

12. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

are there pics without the blurred effects? And w/ a smaller Watermark, I understand you dont want people jacking your pics but its a lil hard to see specially with the blurred effects. I really want to see this finished product for what it really is.

13. OP
    OP
    dfd1979

dfd1979 Member

LA
    Watermark

Hey i hope the pictures are working, and sorry about the watermark will try a less obtrusive mark. But it is required to keep the shop that did our molds from trying to use the pictures on their site as their own work. I'll be damed to give them completed pictures.

Yup you are right the rear wheel was custom made by autocouture for us but our measurements were slightly off we need a 22x13 not 22x12 wheel. I will be looking into a spacer for them. can also do with a drop in the front.

The front bumper has the original fog light housing and lights. The mesh in there is temporary until we get our custom honeycomb mesh in. The front fender still does have the molding around the rear section.

14. brown_fv

Ok, i must admit i am pretty impressed with the final outcome. i really like how the front bumper came out, it looks really good without looking over done. an intercooler would look really good in there.

i do think the front fenders should be a little curved too, even if not much wider. i also think the back was a bit too wide and the bumper made it look very round.

the profile shot from the rear corner makes the car look really amazing, i think it would have looked even better if the fronts fenders were a bit wider.

as stated earlier i am really impressed with how this finished...its a lot better than what i thought it would look like.

15. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

Nice to see it finished. Offset in the front and rear need some work. ;) Bring it out to the toys 4 tots event this weekend, local FXers will be there. :biggrin:

16. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I'm not a fan of it. Maybe when we see it in person...

Not to praise Viet but...His fenders are flared, yet the flare of his fender is progressive and blends with the body of the fx.

This new body kit is just, in my opinion, an angular flare that makes it look way out of place...

Please biring the car out to the Toys for Tots so we can see the FX in person and good luck with your project.

17. i agree 100% it looks to much like a bolt on kit or are we just spoiled by Viets fx the way its molded all the lines on the truck just finesse really smoothly but i love those wheels what kind are they?

:iS:

18. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    First thing that came to mind was the Renault 5 Turbo.[FONT=arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

19. brown_fv

Well it is a bolt on kit...
    Honestly, comparing it to Viet's widebody doesn't make sense...Viet's widebody is a one of a kind custom made job created and trailered exactly how he wants it....this is a bolt on kit for sale to be put on other FX's. obviously the amount of time and detail put into Viet's kit wont be put onto this, a kit that is going to be manufactured over and over again (well, only if it sells).

it would be like comparing a custom engine swap with a turbo kit to something like the greddy twins on a stock block

20. Deecarp

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    The pictures are much better. The Kit doesn't look to bad now that I can see the front a little better. I know most of us will compare this to Viet FX. although it is modeled after Viet's body kit it is actually very much a different kit. The wide mouth is clean, although it doesn't flow completely as what we use to seeing with Viet's. It's still compliments the FX's original concept. It gives the appearance of being lower than it is because of the long lines each bumper creates. The wheels seem relatively small because the FX should be lowered, add more rubber (bigger side walls) to the wheels, or may be even stagger the wheels with a wider rear set. From some angles you see more harsh looking lines compared to the smooth rounded look of the DG we all come to love. I can appreciate this kit's details, random but nice! To long in the rear, but like I said before a nice touch with molding around the exhaust tips. So for a bolt on kit, compared to what we have aready seen out there it gets an 8 on a 10 scale. We can't compare a bolt on, to a one off custom it's not fare. Overall Good Job! hopefully the pricing will make it more attractive! That is what will determine if it is a hit or not. What, a few years in the making and we have some good break throughs, it's what we've all been waiting to see happen, and now something is here!