Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] UFC 74: Respect

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Frankiago, Aug 25, 2007.

Couture or Gonzaga?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2007.
  1. Randy "The Natural" Couture

100.0%
  2. Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Watching it tonight? I am. Couture is gonna stomp some Gonzaga arse, whatchu think?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Don't know Cube, it's going to be a good fight though.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    We're probably all wrong:p.

4. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    Couture whooped Gonzaga's Brazillian ass. It was the bloodiest UFC fight I've ever seen. I mean he must've lost a pint of blood ATLEAST. He was dripping onto Randy's back, he was breathing out of his mouth and occasionally spitting blood that was probably dripping down from the back of his throat.

There MAY be some controversy over that, cuz the blow that looked like it caused most of the wreckage, or atleast that started it, was possibly from a head butt. The thing is though, the head butt was not intentional and no points were taken. It was when Couture slammed Gonzaga down to the mat with a takedown and his head fell down with it I guess.

Gonzaga got maybe 2 decent kicks to Randy's head, and a 3rd kick almost identical to the one that leveled Mirko "Cro Cop." Randy got knocked off-balance a little and then just came right back after Gonzaga... NOT GONNA WORK ON THE NATURAL, BUDDY!

Overall, the event was decent. The last one was much more dramatic and fun to watch... that might be because of the 40's I drank the last time...

5. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    40's? I can't even remember that last time I saw one of those=)

6. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Remember the early days of UFC Cube ? Before the vaseline (or whatever that cream is that they put on fighters faces before the fight), before the few rules that they have now...those were some bloody fights :eek: It was a good fight. It would have been more interesting if Gabriel didn't get hurt bad from the start, but after all, Randy did a great job.

7. OP
    OP
    Frankiago

IL
    Yep I remember... some of the more memorable "new rule" changes was headbutting, no knees to the head while a knee is down or more, and foot stomps while they're on the ground.

One of my favorite things to watch was the knees to the head until the ref stopped it.

I even made a comment about the vaseline on one of the fights, cuz the cut man was CAKING it on his face. I also agree about the early on nose damage.