Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Turtle Wax's ICE

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Interior & Exterior' started by BIGTURK, Mar 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Turtle Wax's ICE Auto Polish (or whatever the proper name is) is pretty good. It's not the best out there, but for my needs it works great. Applies easy, goes over everything except glass. After an hour of some elbow grease, my FX looks pretty shiny. Doesn't last too long, but I use ICE quick detailer in between the polish...and the FX is good to go :biggrin:.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I use ice, it's pretty good I think

3. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

...just noticed this thread, I use this stuff too... and they (sometimes) have them at Costco. (and I like the smell :biggrin: )

4. chrisnathan

chrisnathan Member

SoCal
    ^^ I bought them from Costco too, good product w/ definitely good price.

5. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    i love for many reasons, but mostly because it can go over black trim and not mess it up, and it can be applied in direct sun and heat without getting ruined.

6. MTN FX

MTN FX Mountain Man Premium

Big Bear City,Ca.
    2004 FX35 AWD
    John Green
    Garages:
    Eagle One Wax

Anyone try thr eagle one products? They claim that it goes on clear and can be used on glass and chrome with no smudging.Also they have a car wash that puts a supplemental coat of wax on car when you wash it. I have been looking for it but have not found any yet.The info-mercial says it is available at Auto parts stores,K mart,Walmart.Not in stores when I checked.:nerd:

7. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    I just picked up the Meguires polymer QD this morning

8. MTN FX

MTN FX Mountain Man Premium

Big Bear City,Ca.
    2004 FX35 AWD
    John Green
    Garages:
    I tried the Meguires polymer Qd and it works OK but I like the Meguires red w/cleaner better.Also the polymer does not go on clear and they recomend you clay first.

9. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    Just bought some of this ice stuff the other day, I need to test it out. Smells good though.

10. theMerchant

theMerchant iS VIP iS VIP

I just used some ICE this weekend and it worked good. I gave it a quick wax since I was tired. I can say is that 1) smells good 2) applies easy 3) apply in direct or partial sun 4) paint feels smooth and slippery afterwords 5) applied on roof w/o worrying about the trim. I used less elbow grease on the roof, do you guys think its ok to leave "extra" wax up there?
    Otherwise I like it, but would also use the Quick detailer.
    :biggrin:

11. I also use this wax, it works very well. ^^ I dont think leving extra wax anywhere is ever good bro, esp. on the roof where it is exposed to the sun the most. Which means it will dry on there, and be pretty tough to get off next time arond.

12. Rubare

Rubare Premium Member Premium

NYC
    Garages:
    i use this ice products and they works really well... the only thing i'm looking is for some product to apply to the tires.. make them shiny as well. i tried (tire wet or wet tire) and it works well except that if i drive fast it splatter all over the side making a bunch of small black dots on my FX.. making me do more elbow works!:mad:

13. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

which is why I hate doing the tires... so for those of you that's met me and my FX in person, and have given me a hard time about not doing the tires... that is why.

14. Rubare

NYC
    Garages:
    well.. my FX doesnt have splash guards.. i was thinking that might prevent that from happenning.. would splash guards prevent it?

15. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I get the stuff spitting off the tires in the front when turning... and I have splash guard. Oh, another reason I don't like dressing the tires with stuff is because a long time ago, I either heard or read that they actually pick up more dirt after some driving

16. Rubare

NYC
    Garages:
    aye.. it does pick up lots of dirt too... i guess i would just do it if i take some pictures of my baby to post it here.. tho i havent make any Mods yet.. i'm working on the input Nav while moving Mod.. i compared the figure that tell me which wire to cut.. and when i look at the grey plug behind the dvd.. i see a black cable in that spot instead of the grey one.. but when i look in the other side of the grey plug there is the grey wire.. so that confused me a bit, so i havent finish it yet. thank for the tips!

17. StuLax18

StuLax18 Staph Moderator

Dallas, TX
    2007 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    i think you want that stuff that doesnt give it a greasy shiny look, but more of a dark black look. i think black magic makes one "guaranteed no sling"

18. Rubare

NYC
    Garages:
    that sounds good. Thanks Stulax18 i'll look into it

19. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Tire dressing still beats out without it even if it does pick up a little dirt (which you can't see anyways :p). You just have to not goop the whole tire with the dressing to prevent any spitting.

20. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I apply tire dressing pretty wet, then wipe it off 10 minutes later, claen & still glossy, but not greasy or wet at all...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.