Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Trouble Ejecting Disc From Changer

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Electronics & Lighting' started by mayfx, Mar 11, 2008.

1. mayfx

mayfx Member

I have a 06 FX-35. While driving home last night I held down the seek button on the steering wheel to skip to the next track. But I guess because I held it down it skipped to the next CD. For some reason the CD would not play. All it would say was Eject Disc 3. So I push the eject button and nothing happened! I cut the car off and turned it back on and the same thing happened. Even when I was able to switch to another CD it would not play just say Eject CD, and the eject button doesnt seem to do anything in that state. Has anyone ever had this problem? Is this something that I can easily fix or is this a dealership matter? The thing was working fine then nothing. I can switch from the Cd player to the radio and the radio works but not the CD player.

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. 909FX

909FX Premium Member Premium

FONTANA, CA
    2010 Honda Crosstour
    Garages:
    Sounds like warranty work to me. Hopefully they can get you a new cd changer

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  3. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    You can also try disconnecting the battery and then reconnecting.... this should reset the cd player, you will hear it cycling through the cd's. If it still does not work it's probably time to bring it to the dealer.

4. Yea I had that same issue and many others... thats y im getting mine replaced on thursday... go get it checked and most likely they'll say "It was an internal malfunction."

5. Keemo

Keemo Premium Member Premium

That's what I was going to say. Our cars are now all mostly controled by the ECU, so like your home computer somtimes will need, it might just need a rebot/reset. I would add to leave it off for at least a few minutes to 1/2hr to make sure all the power is drained out.

I'm pretty sure that it's normal for the CD to skip to the next disc if you hold the 'track skip' button on the wheel.

I hope that it works for you.

6. MASSIVE

MASSIVE Member

I've been told by my dealer rep and even the master mechanic at infiniti that the stereo sucks. i mean yeah it give a decent sound but the cd changer especially sucks. But like it was stated before on this page, hopefully you still have your warrenty and they should fix the problem. Your better off getting a new one then trying to fix the problem your self.

7. OP
    OP
    mayfx

mayfx Member

I did this and it didnt work! Although I only left it disconnected for a couple of minutes. I'll do it again when I get off, but this time I leave it disconnected for about 30 minutes. Maybe that will work!! If I need to get another changer from the dealer, how long do they usually take to get in?

Thanks

8. OP
    OP
    mayfx

mayfx Member

Update: I waited half an hour to drain the power, and still nothing. So, I am taking it to the dealer on Monday. Thanks a lot!