Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Trip to AC in NJ

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BIGTURK, Dec 25, 2007.

1. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

A friend of mine called me late last night to see what I was going to do today, and said "If nothing...we're all going to AC tomorrow". I agreed. Woke up early, washed my FX (assumed I was driving...as always :LOL: ) and met them uptown Manhattan.

After a couple of minutes they showed up and said (with a smile) "you're not driving today", and pointed towards a PT, that was parked on the street, and yelled "rental baby". After realizing that they weren't kidding, I asked them if they're sure...unfortunately they said yes. Said I should save the miles on the FX, hesitantly I agreed.

As soon as I got into the car I asked them again if they were sure, because it felt like I just sat on a park bench and the interior was so cramped, and to think a round trip to AC is about five hours :err: They said for me to man up and stop complaining, that it wasn't so bad :confused:

To make a long story short, after dealing with back ache, tears (due to financial loss :LOL: ), stiff legs and frustration due to lack of power in the PT Cruiser, they all nicely asked me if I could drive next time...and I said...MAN UP BOYS, IT WASN'T SO BAD :rofl:

Actualy it was really bad. How can I put this... bad seats, bad stereo, no power, bad road handling, etc. Now I don't know if this was just a base model beat up rental (11,000 miles on the clock), but I was surprised how uncomfortable it was.

Last year I took a trip to W. Virginia, about a thousand miles round trip. Left NY late Saturday afternoon, drove straight, slept there over night and left for NY the next morning. I wasn't even tired after my trip when I got back home. To each his own, some people might love PT Cruiser's, but they're not for me, this is just my opinion :)

I just wanted to share my PT Bruiser experience with you all and say I looooove my FX :dancing2:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

sorry dumb question here... but where's "AC"?

3. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

Hey Ken, it's Atlantic City in New Jersey :)

4. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

AHhhhh Got it! Sorry, I've never even been to the East Coast before... One of these days...

5. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

Nah, it's my mistake, should've made it clearer :shame: I think it's a habit with me :LOL: So when are you coming to New York Ken ? ;):LOL:

6. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

by the way, I know what you mean about driving a different car, especially if it's "inferior" to our FXs... I've been home with the folks... and, sometimes I'll take their Toyota Solara to run errards... cuz I don't wanna put the miles on my FX... Let's just say, I'm usually in a hurry to get home...

7. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

I don't know... but I should cuz I even have a friend I can crash with too, she's in the heart of Manhattan...

8. OP
    OP
    BIGTURK

That's a good opportunity, you should take advantage of that, hotels aren't cheap around here. Let us know if you ever decide to come to the Big Apple Ken, we'll have a meet or something.

9. trainerKEN

trainerKEN iS VIP iS VIP

You Got It!! :biggrin: