Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Top 0-60mph Times **All FX Line Models**

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.2K, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Alright, I want to start a database of some fast 0-60 times for the FX's. Show us what you got! However, the times have to be VERIFIED!!! The only way is thru some type of monitoring device, i.e., G-tech or the like. If you can't upload the information directly from your device, please take a photo of the actual time displayed on the device and upload that. You can email (dr2k@infinitiscene.com) me the proof directly or post the picture in this thread. Now lets see some of those terrific times!

Member ---------------- Model ----Tranny---- Year ---- NA or FI ------ Motor ------ 0-60 Time

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. BIGTURK

BIGTURK Premium Member Premium

Ha-ha...made you all look :burnout: :LOL:.
    But seriously, no one ever did 0-60 ??? I gotta work on this :nerd:...

3. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    I got an ipod touch & a few different softwares that are pretty accurate, but only if properly mounted solid & only on a very level flat stretch of road.

would be hard to directly compare results from one vehicle to the other if it's run on a different stretch of road, the gtech & really all accelerometers are very Dependant on the road itself & any changes or variations in the pitch of the road from level will change the results, still looking for the right stretch of road that will allow repeated runs without getting arrested, the track is an excellent place to collect 0-60, they are by design very level, & you have the benefit of comparing the other data to timed data, which can help fine tune/calibrate the measuring software & verify it's accuracy too.

verifying this data isn't very practical, as it's easy to change the results, I could show you pictures of a 5.1 second run & you'll still have no way to validate weather the vehicle actually did what the measuring instrument recorded, unlike a track time slip which is beyond your ability to skew & very standardized, that's verified...

actually, that would be the only real way to validate 0-60, would be to have a video camera record the run on the screen, attached to a verified time slip, with the camera shot showing the synchronization of the recorded data as well as the calculated 0-60 obtained in that run, anything short of that is gonna just have to be on the honor system & to be taken lightly & generalized rather than accurate

with some effort & really trying to get accurate results, we can get some data, but, like dyno runs, are not directly comparable one to the other really...

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Yea, I agree with you John and that's why I have not pushed this very much. I only wish the track there was a 0-60 time on a track time slip, that would be cool.

But I agree that a video recording of the gtech or similar on the drag strip would be the ideal validation. I will try and do this somehow in December.

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Bert & Fred spent a lot of time trying to come up with a formula using the numbers off the time slips during last weekend at the track......funny stuff, you had to be there.

6. OP
    OP
    Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    LOL, sounds like Berto! Hahahaha.

7. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    you can't measure 0-60 with the way 1/4 mile timing systems are set up, they don't use progresive radar which would be necissary, the track timing system just measures your vehicle at certain points, like 60', 1/8th & 1/4, stuf like that & yeah, they can measure your speed at any given mesuring point but every vehicle will hit the magic 60mph spot at a different actual location so this is just not measurable with a drag track timing system, never has been...

accelerometers are still the best way to time 0-60 runs for the average user, or a passenger with a stop watch & acurate gps speed data or a calibrated speedo. with any of these methods there is always a margin for error though as there are variables that will be beyond your control. same reason why you can have 5 different guys measure 0-60 on the same car & report 5 different results... it would take a very expensive 5th wheel measuring device to give really acurate results & even THAT is subject to road grade, a car will be slightly faster with a slight downgrade of road & slightly slower with a slight upgrade, even if these minor grade changes are only partial in the runs measuring point, so to really have truly acurate results there needs to be much calibration & road varification. from this you can see why it's not practical to really compare results obtained at different locations with different measuring devices, it'll never be as cut & dry as 1/4 mile measured data...

8. Mikefx3508

Mikefx3508 Guest

When you floor the gas pedal it's not supposed to reach the rpm red zone right?

9. BIGTURK

You and me both...and I think also Rob. Let us know if you find one first :biggrin:.

10. BIGTURK

I may be wrong, but I think that depends on your driving style. If you drive hard, I think computer adjust to that driving style, and lets the rpm's climb a little higher. Mine usually goes all the way up to red it seems like. Someone with more knowledge with this will chime in soon I'm sure :).

11. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    as long as it's not hitting the rev limiter before shifting I wouldn't worry about it at all really, if your hitting the rev limiter before it shifts in auto mode, then were talking cause for concern...