Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Tire question

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by southcounty13, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Hello all. I need some input if possible. I was getting out of my car and decided to take a look at my tire tread because I have already put 35k on them. The tires are Pirelli Scorpion 265 35 22 (front two tires) which are down to the metal on inside of the tire. Does this mean that I need an alignment or do all wheels wear out on the inside first? Is 35K good mileage for this type of tire? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    Ideally, the tires should be worn out evenly.

Lowering your ride will cause your wheels to camber (which causes uneven wear to the tires)

3. OP
    OP
    southcounty13

southcounty13 Member

So my camber must be off correct? I have not lowered the fx or done any suspension mods.

4. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

35k is not bad for the tires. Spec for the front is .02 minimum -.073 optimum -1.43 maximum.

There's limited adjustment in the front but there is some.

5. N2FX

N2FX Premium Member Premium

Northridge, CA
    2006 fx35
    Garages:
    Also, how often do you rotate your tires?

6. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    35k is good. Get hankook's they have lasted me over 50k=)

I rotate every 10,000. I do an alignment every 20,000 or when I need one due to change of wheels/tires lowering etc...

I have uni-directional tires so I can really only go from front to back and vice versa.

7. What's the offset of your aftermarket wheels? An aggressive offset may also contribute to your problem if your alignment is technically "within" spec. But regardless 35k on any high speed rated soft compound tires is great.

8. OP
    OP
    southcounty13

southcounty13 Member

I have a staggered set-up so I can only rotate side to side. I rotate my tires eveytime the tire rotation sign alarms me. I have been pretty good with the roatations. I am getting my wheels aligned today. I hope that this will fix the problem.