Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensors Part Number

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Wheels & Suspension' started by Chedman13, Oct 2, 2007.

1. Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    2014 Mercedes-Benz GL63 4Matic
    Garages:
    Does anyone know the part number for the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) sensors?

I need to buy another set for my new wheels. I think it is 40700-CK001 but not 100% sure.

Besides not having the tire pressure, is there any cons for not installing TPMS sensors? I heard of people saying the warning light stays on? Is this true?

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    It's 40700-CD001.

3. rookie

rookie Premium Member Premium

If the sensors are pulled out and are not moved when they are out of the car the system will show warning after 30-45 minutes of driving. If you have the sensors out of the car and they are woken up while the car is moving you'll have a constant warning light.

Major downside of getting a second set of sensors is having them mated by the dealer, they usually charge a fee to do the mating.

4. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    correct

///134&highlight=part+numbers

5. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I got my TPMS from Joe a few weeks ago - but havent had a chance to get it put in and mated. The fkrs at Metro Infiniti dont have guys to do it on Saturdays and Its a bitch for me to travel from Tustin and get back to Monrovia before they close on the weekdays. I might have to take a sick day (cough cough) and take it to them. Pierce can you write me a note for work? hahahaha ;)

6. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Will, couldn't you take it to Tustin infiniti or a dealer near you to do the TPMS mating?

Btw, come by my office and lets see if we can do something about that note ;).

7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Yeah I could - but they were the jerks that wanted me to pay $850/month for an FX. DO I GOT IDIOT WRITTEN ON MY FOREHEAD?????? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

8. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Well its pay a bit more for convenience or drive a bit for savings. But thats the case most everything isn't it?

9. MASSIVE

MASSIVE Member

How do you know if your FX came with the system or not. I don't think mine has the sensors in the tires, but is the reader already installed in my car? is there a way to find out with having to take apart the car to find were it would be?

10. OP
    OP
    Chedman13

Chedman13 iS VIP iS VIP

Illinois
    Garages:
    Your menu screen, one of the options will be "tire pressure". Most likely since you are an 03, you will have them if you have a tech package. If you don't have the tech package I don't think you have it.

11. MASSIVE

MASSIVE Member

i don't have the Tech Pakage, so i guess it doesn't have it. Would it be smarter to go with an aftermarket system or is it cost effective to get the one from the dealer?

12. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Since you don't have the tech package already even if you did buy the sensors they would not work or register so you have to go with an after market system.

13. It has four lines. ( monitor )
    Does anyone knows what is left, right, front ......
    Thanks.

14. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    They are in no order and can vary, the system is used just to warn and not as a tire pressure gauge.

15. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    left front
    right front
    right rear
    left rear

that's assuming there in the same position they were programmed in... once they get changed around the system has no way of knowing whats where, but this is factory position & the position it'll always be programmed to if reprogrammed......

16. fxlr8, turbocad6.
    Thank you.

17. turbocad6

turbocad6 iS VIP iS VIP

brooklyn, ny
    Garages:
    jeff, I see what you have there, but what is that? that's not a tech fx display? the fx tech tpms is def in the order from starting on the drivers front tire & then goes clockwise around the car...

18. fxlr8

California
    None
    Garages:
    non tech version... here is the tech version.