Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Time for a new truck!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by xViper21, Apr 26, 2016.

1. xViper21

xViper21 Member

New York City
    2010 Infiniti QX56
    Rahul
    Garages:
    Hey everyone, as you all know I currently run a 2010 QX56. I must say it has been a pleasure driving it around the country. Now that it's 2016, I think now is the perfect time to trade it in for something with more power, technology, and luxury. I have basically narrowed down my search to these vehicles: Cadillac Escalade, Lincoln Navigator, Infiniti QX80 Limited Edition, Lexus LX570, and the Mercedes GL550. I will greatly appreciate any suggestions given! :rotfl: img-3448_zpstleptzw1.jpg
    2017-Lincoln-Navigator-luxury-SUV-01_zpsgykktnxp.jpg
    2015_infiniti_qx80_limited_white_in_ardmore_north_carolina_6070004439064540249_zpstdvlbwf8.jpg
    lexus-lx-gear-patrol-slide-1_zpsr0wbj124.jpg
    2013-Mercedes-Benz-GL550-4Matic-front-three-quarters_zpshq9a1wen.jpg

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. myron02

myron02 Member

Canada
    2007 fx35
    escalade

xViper21 likes this.
  3. Eothain

Eothain Rider of Rohan Premium

Nashville, TN
    2011 FX35 AWD
    Garages:
    Just my 2.5 cents, but Cadillac is shit.

Lincoln is well, a Lincoln and I doubt you're 65+

The QX80 has the best looks, completely unbiased.

The Lexus isn't bad... I'd rank it 2nd of those choices, but the front kinda looks like a Destroyer from the Thor movies.

The Mercedes might as well have a bumper sticker on it saying, "I'm a rich stay at home soccer mom who just dropped the brats at school and I'm on the way to F my Pilates instructor." Plus it's fugly.

dropdeadgg and xViper21 like this.
  4. ocal21

ocal21 iS VIP iS VIP

Boston, MA
    2012 FX35
    Oscar
    Garages:
    I would be biased and say the QX80 just because I drive Infiniti. My wife has the Mercedes Benz Ml350 bluetec which obviously is not the same as the one you are looking at but she loves her Mercedes Benz. when I have driven it I just love how much room it has and its,comfortable to be sitting in there.

xViper21 likes this.
  5. meme405

meme405 Premium Member Premium

Vancouver, BC
    2008 FX35
    Garages:
    Escalade or QX80. I'd pick the QX.

TheRurouni and xViper21 like this.
  6. jdTrader

jdTrader Staff Moderator

Michigan
    2009 FX50S
    Garages:
    Rear of escalade is so hideous and overpriced for what you get. Will drop in value like non other
    Navigator I don't trust. I'm pretty sure you will have problems with it. Considering you other options, this would be the last.
    I love how the QX looks and the reliability is awesome. I think the inside is due for a refresh though. It's luxurious, but the infotainment is just one example. I'm sure it will be coming soon, but isn't here now.
    This Lexus is rated pretty poor and same outdated infotainment and interior I think as the QX.
    MB is rated good, but I wouldn't get myself into a MB mostly because of the impressions that it gives off, looks kind of like a minivan, and not really great infotainment.

If you are more about luxury over everything, I would get the escalade. If reliability is more important then go for QX. I wouldn't consider the other three.

xViper21 likes this.
  7. GEE50FX

GEE50FX The Traveller iS VIP

Kincardine, Ontario, Ca
    2010 White FX50S-sold
    Wayne
    Garages:
    Definitely the QX would be my 1st choice, next the Merc, next Lexus and last choices Escalade and Navigator (I'm one of the oldest here and I'm still not old enough to drive a Lincoln or Escalade)

xViper21 likes this.
  8. Themechanic

Themechanic The World Is Yours Premium

Boston ma
    2014 qx70s
    Edwin
    Garages:
    Love the escalade. I see a bunch at my shop for gas & its pretty big in space and tech. The lincold... Well ive never been a lincoln fan, i See them in the shop more than the road but then again thats my own opinion. The infiniti is very nice. Love it but if you want more technology & such id go with the escalade. But the lexus & mercedes. Imo theyre more of a womans ride.

Cruiser and xViper21 like this.
  9. porkandbeans

porkandbeans iS Dutcher iS VIP

Inland Empire, CA
    2003 FX45 AWSM
    Garages:
    The only ones from your list I would even consider are the Escalade and the QX80. Escalade if buying used. QX if buying new.
    Like Jonas said, the Escalade will sink with depreciation. Luckily a good thing if you're buying a few years old.
    Outside of your list, I also like the Tahoe/Yukon/Denali route. But would still lean a little towards Escalade personally.

xViper21 likes this.
  10. matrixx860

matrixx860 Ghost Rider Premium

Wolcott, Ct.
    2012 Nissan Maxima SV
    Joey
    Garages:
    Stay away from Cadillac and Lincoln.

Sent from my SM-N920V

xViper21 likes this.
  11. sir21

sir21 iS VIP iS VIP

PNW
    2005 Ford Excursion
    Garages:
    I'm with Wayne.

---------- Post added at 06:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 AM ----------

Oh and none of those are "trucks" ;)

xViper21 likes this.
  12. Kanedean

Kanedean Premium Member Premium

Peace River, AB
    2013 FX37 AWD
    Garages:
    I drove and took rides in the Escalade and Navigator. The ride quality was great, too "great" if you're a spirited driver: Lots and lots of body roll. I understand they are heavy trucks.

My top two choices would be the QX and LX. I have no idea about the GL; I've never tried it.

xViper21 likes this.
  13. vicdub85

vicdub85 Member

Indianapolis
    2013 FX37
    Solely based looks of exterior and interior

1. GL550
    2. Escalade
    3. Lexus
    4. Infiniti (sorry, think the interior is getting aged)
    5. Lincoln

xViper21 likes this.
  14. nima

nima Premium Member Premium

Toronto, CA
    2010 FX50S
    Garages:
    Gl63 amg

xViper21 likes this.
  15. FXMontreal

FXMontreal Member

montreal
    2012 FX35 awd
    Gman
    Before you decide just go test drive the new Q7...i did a few weeks ago, it is impressive to say the least
    Has plenty of power using the same S5 engine, drives like a car and interior is just incredible!

xViper21 likes this.
  16. skooternb

skooternb Member

New York
    No Infiniti... yet
    Nate
    Love the Q70...

But my big SUV mind goes towards Cadillac or Lincoln. I would consider a Lincoln but they just unveiled their concept and it looks amazing... would likely hold out for that. The current Escalade checks all the boxes for me.

xViper21 likes this.
  17. OP
    OP
    xViper21

xViper21 Member

New York City
    2010 Infiniti QX56
    Rahul
    Garages:
    Thank you for all your opinions, I'll make sure to take them in consideration of my purchase!

18. illestFX35

illestFX35 Member

Los Angeles/Glendale
    2010 FX35 RWD
    +1 on the new Q7. it is a great place to be in and you can have fun in it. Out of those I would go GL550. But if you need something more reliable and comfortable go with the LX570 (little overpriced IMO) or the QX80. And +10000000 stay away from the Lincoln and the Caddy. The GL and Q7 are the sportiest and you sacrifice a LITTLE ride quality. These German cars can be pretty reliable with proper maintence and good care. I am never selling my Bimmer :)

Sent from my iPhone

xViper21 likes this.
  19. BYGDAWG3758

BYGDAWG3758 Member

Silver Spring , MD 20910
    2005 Infiniti FX45
    HENRY
    No mention of Toyota Land Cruiser or Range Rover?;) If it was me, QX80 or Escalade.(maybe Lexus)

xViper21 likes this.
  20. zebra555

zebra555 www.tuner-store.com iS VIP

Miami
    2004 Infiniti FX35 Supercharged
    Garages:
    Escalade or qx

xViper21 likes this.