Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

FX35 Throttle Hesitation At Strong Accelleration?

Discussion in 'FX (03-08) - Engine & Drivetrain' started by Kkrogers, Sep 18, 2007.

1. :confused::confused:
    Hi,

I have a brand new '08 FX35 and I have noticed a little bit of hesitation on strong accleration. It is hard to describe, but I was wondering if anybody else is noticing it. When in park if I gas it it has instant response but like when I leave a stop sign and punch it there is a blip where it is almost like a dead spot.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Kan

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. OP
    OP
    Kkrogers

Kkrogers Member

I Meant Strong Accelration

That was a typo, sorry!!

3. gto

gto Track Ready Moderator

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Is VDC off?
    How many miles on fx?
    Did you break it in yet? If you've been going easy on it, likely you're in economy mode with you're ecu. We call that grandma mode around here. If you do an ecu reset and then drive it hard, it should drive and learn the way you want it too perform. I don't believe you have a problem.

4. OP
    OP
    Kkrogers

Kkrogers Member

No, I have not messed with the VDC button. It only has 900 miles on it. Honestly, I haven't really been "easy" on it! My wife drives it more than me, but when I get in it alone I run it pretty good! How do you reset the ecu? What do you mean it will "learn" how I drive? Is that something I can reset myself, because the dealer/service center is 2 hours away!!

Thanks,
    K

5. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages:
    here is the reset procedure InfinitiScene.com

6. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    it won't really learn, rather the ecu will just choose a more aggressive map. With that, the gearing will hold longer between shifts, and you shoudnt get that hesitation. If after the reset and relearn, there is no change, I suggest you try and hook up with another 35 owner for a side by side comp.

The reset procedure fxlr8 set you up with is pretty complicated. I would just pull the neg. cable off the bat. And step on the brakes a couple of times. Connect it back up, and the ecu is reset. Jeff, chime in if I'm off on that one.

BTW, hit the VDC button off. Its a power robber.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2007
  7. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

Brake pad waster also

8. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    We used to call that the 3500rpm bog. It seems to happen sporadically and different elements will tend to contribute to it, i.e. type of gas used, engine oil and driving habits. It did happen to me early on but I have not noticed for a very long time now. And yes it only happened with full throttle off the line.

Do as Dave suggested with resetting the ecu and then drive the fx hard every chance you get. But if your wife is the main driver of the fx then I'm afraid the ecu will go with the least aggressive map, if that is how she drives that is. The fx ecu has 3 different oem maps and depending on how it is driven on a daily basis will be the way she normally responds.

9. OP
    OP
    Kkrogers

Kkrogers Member

So....If I reset it using one of these methods, how soon will it "lock" into a driving "style" so to speak? I mean, I could reset it and maybe go out and do some hard driving for a while before letting my wife drive it again. Would that do it do you think? I could probably do that this weekend actually.

One more question, is there an aftermarket "programmer" available for these? I have an Edge programmer in my F-150 and it made a world of difference.

Thanks for the help!

Kan

10. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    It should wake up right away, or After a few hard takeoffs. No one really knows how long it takes, or if it locks in. I think it learns all the time. It has a short & long term memory, so it will continuously adjust. Main thing you should be concerned with is if you have any other problem not solved by ecu reset. Go give it a try.
    Also, ya dont need to redline the thing to get it to choose the aggresive map. Your ride is still fresh, so go easy on her. I would stay under 6K. Use your Manumatic to teach the ecu how and when you want to shift. That mapping should transfer over to the automatic side somewhat.

11. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    The ecu does not lock in to one of the three maps indefinitely as it continually adjusts. So even after it initially adjusts to your aggressive driving habits and then you turn the keys over to your wife and she drives it most of the time the ecu may revert back to the more passive mode.

12. OP
    OP
    Kkrogers

Kkrogers Member

:)
    Thank you guys for your help! Did you catch my question about an aftermarket programmer though? Just curious.

Thanks,
    K

13. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
  14. gto

Los Angeles, CA
    05 FX35 RWD
    Garages:
    Doesnt look like they have '08 codes cracked yet. I would call them.

15. Dr.2K

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    They don't even have an 07 for that matter. You'd be the first for an 08!

16. CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    What is an neg. cable and where is it located?? and what does ecu stand for?? I have an fx35 AWD, does AWD and RWD drive have any performance difference??

Thx..

17. CycoDK

CycoDK Member

Qatar
    Is there a way to keep the VDC off all the time? cause it seem everytime I restart the engine the VDC is on again..

18. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

I dont believe there is, most people reach down and turn it off each time. Its a Pain in the ass :mad:

19. fxlr8

fxlr8 Staff Administrator

California
    None
    Garages: