Welcome to InfinitiScene.com - Home for Infiniti QX and Q enthusiasts!
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to the forums. Why not register on our forums and gain the extra benefits that our regular members enjoy?

• Enthusiast Owned and Operated!
  • Registraion is free.
  • You will be able to post, message, and interact with other members.
  • Our forum is full of friendly, knowledgeable members and staff.
  • Plenty of money saving opportunities from write-ups to maintenance help.
  • Create a garage and show off your ride and specs.
  • Opportunity for ad-free viewing.
  • Plus much more!

Registration is fast, free, and easy, so stop being just a guest and become one of our newly registered members today!

[OT] Things are getting a little ugly at the org again

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by HumbertoCALI, Nov 12, 2007.

1. HumbertoCALI

HumbertoCALI Premium Member Premium

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:

*Registered members do not see this ad, register today!

2. Deecarp

Deecarp Premium Member Premium

Bay Area
    QX60 AWD
    Darryl
    That is what it sounds like, I know overthetop and he seems like straight fwd, and knowledgable dude, and sounds like he's got some valid points. But I'll leave what they have going on over there, there.

3. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    Most of what WeaponR said is true too. But that could be a communication gap between Ed and what he wanted and what weaponR ended up making and Overthetop not knowing the whole story. But in any case, they still did come up with an alternative intake for the FX45. Also, no one has responded in quite some time so it may be a dead issue.

4. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    I hope so.. they were building so much momentum and it's a shame that no one got the results that we were waiting for

5. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD
    Weapon R makes half assed products anyway. They always have. I have yet to see anything from Weapon R that isn't garbage, and I started selling performance parts in 99. Plus, Weapon R is a foam filter (yuck) and if I remember correctly they didn't used to even oil them which will eventually smoke the mass air sensor. There is a reason factory Nissan air filters are oiled.

I'm not trying to be one of those "leave it factory" parts Nazi's because I can't leave anything stock, but when it comes to an intake the best thing to use is a filter that is oiled (K&N style or equivalent).

6. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    To be honest BTLFED.. we really don't try to bash other groups or people here..

Yet, I do hear you. I realize it and we just better move on.

The only reason I posted this subject was to point out how there is a contrast on how we deal with failed attempts from other people who over promise and deliver versus how the other place handles things...

7. BTLFED

BTLFED Member

Woodstock GA
    2006 FX35 AWD

I'm not really bashing, I am speaking from experience, and how that situation was handled by Weapon R just solidifies my point. I used to have problems with their stuff all the time when I sold it, and when I called them about it I basically got a cold shoulder or some half assed answer that never helped me fix the problem. I would have to just refund the customer's money and just refuse to sell the stuff anymore. Everyone makes mistakes, but it is how you remedy them that people see. That's how the performance world works. The greatest advertisement for a company is word of mouth, and that is where the internet comes into play. The internet is a powerful thing..

I do understand where you are coming from with in the respect of "there are two sides to every story and the truth is somewhere in the middle," but unfortunately that is not how people take things. It's sad but true.

8. Frankiago

Frankiago Evo Troll Premium

IL
    Speaking of ugly, that WeaponR intake combined with the VK45DE without the engine cover looks, to me, like a junkyard in the engine bay. Am I the only one who thinks that the VK is one of the ugliest motors...? Scrap metal and hoses/wiring strewn about...

9. Psiclne

Psiclne Guest

LOL- Cube you're gonna hurt some peoples feelings....:LOL:

10. Dr.2K

Dr.2K iS Doctor on Duty iS VIP

Santa Clarita, CA
    2005 FX45
    Garages:
    It could be pretty if we want it to be! We just prefer not to use that much elbow grease on our engines :p;):biggrin:. I have to keep reminding myself substance over style :LOL::LOL::LOL:.

11. OP
    OP
    HumbertoCALI

South Gate, CA
    2003 FX45 AWD
    Garages:
    :biggrin: